Tidying the study group forum - suggestions please

Sulis

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to think of ways of making the General Study Groups forum a bit more comprehensive and easy to use.

I've thought of making an index of all of the active groups.

I also thought it might be a good idea for each group to have it's own index with links to each thread - I could then link to these index threads from the main index (if that makes sense :)).
Each group would have to make it's own index of threads though or I would find myself spending loads of time editing each index as new study threads are added.

I'm open to suggestions from you guys anyway.

Love

Sulis xx
moderator - General Study Groups

Majecot

Sulis
Since you are moderator here all by your lonesome, I think Study Group originator should be responsible for linking the indexes..(I agree that an index would be beneficial).

I think that is a lot of work for one person, and there are quite a few study groups active right now.

It does get a bit confusing in here with so many different ones going on, especially when multiple cards are added at once.
I shall put my thinking cap on to see if any ideas pop in my little head that can help you out. ;)

Lurea

I think it's a good idea. Could you ask each study group to make their own index and maintain it? That seems more than fair to me, because it would be too much work for just one mod. :) Perhaps they could be grouped together somehow--in a subforum of general study groups? Sorta like the way the Marseilles readings are grouped together within the Reading Exchange.

I went ahead and started an index for the Hanson Roberts group. :D

jlbvt

BBCats...

I'm participating in the BBCats study group. As of now we only have two threads. But assuming it grows in members and posts, and if the originator doesn't have the time to do it, I would volunteer to keep the index. It's a good idea, and I would be glad to help you Sullis!

Joan

Moonbow

Sulis

I think an index is a wonderful idea, sometimes there seems to be a large time gap in a Study Group and to be able to find the Study Group quickly would be such a help.

I think it is up to the thread organiser to update links to their own cards, but in some cases the organiser may not be around any longer. Maybe this is where you could step in, but otherwise it seems alot of work for you.

Great idea though.

Sulis

Thanks for all of your replies. Moonbow, I've had the same thoughts as you - if someone leaves the boards or loses interest the index for their group will have to be sorted out by a moderator.
I'm going to go ahead and do an index of the active groups. If a group has an index of it's threads then I'll link to it, if not then I won't - simple :)

Should be able to get it done in the next couple of days :D

Love

Sulis xx

TygrEyes

In order to try to help out, I've looked through the first 12 pages of this forum. The groups with indexes I've seen so far are:
AT Comparative
Celtic Dragon
Cosmic
Daughters of the Moon
DruidCraft (thank you)
Fantastical
Gilded
Golden
Hanson-Roberts
LS Pagan
Madame Endora
Rohrig
Victoria Regina
World Spirit

Would you like me to gather them and send it to you for an index of indexes or post them here?

These are decks I haven't seen an index for, within the first 12 pages of the forum anyway, still working on it.
Arthurian Legend a/k/a Legend - Arthurian
Baroque Bohemian Cats
Bruegel
Buckland Romani
Crystal
Haindl
Herbal
Medieval Scapini
Minchiate
Osho Zen
playing cards
Tavaglione
Vertigo
Voyager
Wild Spirit

If anyone knows if any of the above have an index thread that I haven't found yet please PM me & I'll edit the list accordingly. Likewise, if you know there's a group that doesn't have an index I'll update the list if you let me know. Hopefully, we can figure out what's what & those of us active on this board can "adopt" a group that doesn't have an index and put it together for an index of indexes. :eek:)

Sulis

Thanks TygrEyes, you're a star :)

Not too sure about folk 'adopting' a study group to compile an index though - I think we're best leaving that to those people involved in each particular group, otherwise members will end up tied to a study group they have nothing to do with.
It'll all get done eventually -as each group gets revived we'll see if we can sort out indexes for them. Meanwhile I'll just hyperlink to the indexes already available. You've helped loads. Cheers.

Love

Sulis xx

TygrEyes

I should have been more specific. I only meant "adopt" for this initial gathering of threads for an index, not to keep up w/ it. I guess if they're not active groups then nobody has to worry about it.
Sulis said:
Thanks TygrEyes, you're a star :)

Not too sure about folk 'adopting' a study group to compile an index though - I think we're best leaving that to those people involved in each particular group, otherwise members will end up tied to a study group they have nothing to do with.
It'll all get done eventually -as each group gets revived we'll see if we can sort out indexes for them. Meanwhile I'll just hyperlink to the indexes already available. You've helped loads. Cheers.

Love

Sulis xx