Italian Publisher Solleone Copyrights

gregory

It occurs to me that I actually know someone who may know how to make contact. I don't have his email with me, but when I get home...

firecatpickles

The person you are referring to told me once that the publishing house was closed and the artist (whom I asked about) was deceased and had no relatives. However, the images I had uploaded to a myspace page were removed. I think that someone has a controlling interest in Solleone, after all.

gregory

Actually I think you think I am referring to someone I'm not! You have PM...

firecatpickles

You know more people than I do!

gregory

I'm older than you are. But I will find out if it kills me!

firecatpickles

Thanks, grans :)

blue_fusion

The person you are referring to told me once that the publishing house was closed and the artist (whom I asked about) was deceased and had no relatives. However, the images I had uploaded to a myspace page were removed. I think that someone has a controlling interest in Solleone, after all.

The work's copyright is still in effect, right? I wonder who collects, though, with no publisher, artist and relatives of artists.

gregory

The estate of the copyright holder. And if there is no apparent heir, and it isn't one of those countries where such situations leave the state copping the lot, it is held in escrow...

tarotreseacher

Giordano Berti was recommended to me for getting in contact with someone who would know about Solleone. Working on that now. It would be surprising to learn there was nobody holding the estate. And sad. I would love to see that level of quality, art and love going into a publisher like Solleone again. Lots of great decks out there, but there is something special about these cards and the other Solleone decks I've had the fortune to see.

firecatpickles

I wonder if it's just one bank that holds escrows or more than one, like, one for each deck with no heirs?

("deck with no heirs"--not a phrase you hear everyday! :D)