Evernote for Tarot journaling

acidrica

I actually hadn't thought of using evernote for this, even though I use it extensively for my writing. This is a -great- idea, because my handwriting is really, really bad.

3ill.yazi

I actually have been using it as a LWB, or rather a BWB. I email card defs from my Fools Dog apps, and then add my notes, as well as cut and paste from various books I have in ebook or PDF form.

Teheuti

Just be sure to footnote your sources, especially when it's something really unique to that author. Eventually you may want to use your notes as the basis of a book or teaching and you'll make more friends when you acknowledge your sources.

Owl Song

Good idea, Mary, on keeping track of references. Even if you don't plan on writing a book, it's nice to remember where your notes come from, as well as crediting the original source -- even if it's just for your own use.

leftover

I just wanted to jump in that I have actually started using evernote for exactly this purpose. I'd like to maybe write it out, and keep it in a notebook with sketches to go along with it... but I simply don't have time, haha! I've had my tarot book/deck for almost a decade but never really used it much, I decided lately I wanted to actually delve in more.

So far it's working out pretty great for me with all the different tag options and such, here is my set up:

pnaFuMy.png

and on the smart phone it's great to make a note if something happens throughout the day and I want to put in a entry:
Jh3ei3s.png

And how it overall looks:
NgO8f7B.png

Overall it's making keeping track super easy, and I find myself thinking a lot over the last card I pulled and made an entry on, which is definitely helping in my learning process. It's also doubling as an actual sort of Diary, which I've also been meaning to do for over a decade :)

Lee

Hi leftover, welcome to Aeclectic! :) Thanks for posting those images, I'm thinking of getting Evernote for this purpose and I found your images very helpful.

leftover

Hi leftover, welcome to Aeclectic! :) Thanks for posting those images, I'm thinking of getting Evernote for this purpose and I found your images very helpful.

I figured it might help some, and I'm glad it did for you! Thanks for the welcome.

Richard

I use Evernote for random notes. They are easy to locate with keywords, using the remarkable Evernote search engine. Some day I may get more systematic.

Tanjamuse

I'm trying to figure out if Evernote or OneNote is best, and they both have some pros and cons.

How do you all keep track of the different decks you used? Do you have a notebook for each?

Thanks

Chrystella

I love Evernote. It's my number one productivity tool. I use it for work, for personal things, for blogging, for tarot, you name it. I love how clean it is, that I can categorise, tag, and highlight my favourite notes. I love the extension that lets me capture images and entire web pages. And it works well across my devices. My single complaint about Evernote is that it doesn't handle tables and spreadsheets well, but my understanding is that they're working on that.