PKT:Secret Trad#2 - Study Group

INIVEA

I found this; I thought to post it, I know it is further along in the study and it belongs in the beginning of the study group. sorry that it took me sooo long. I'm Waite illiterate.

The EarlyWaite-Smith Tarot Editions - by K. Frank Jensen said:
( Waite) He states about his new creation:

“...There is a secret tradition concerning the Tarot,as well as a secret doctrine contained therein; I have followed some part of it without ex-ceeding the limits which are drawn about matters of this kind and belong to the laws of honour. This tradition has two parts, and as one of them has passed into writing it seems to follow that it may be betrayed at any moment, which will not signify, because the second...has not so passed at present and is held by very few indeed. I ask, therefore, to be distin-guished from a few writers in recent times who have thought fit to hint that they could say agood deal more if they liked, for we do not speak the same language; but also from any onewho... may say that she or he will tell all, because they have only the accidents and not theessentials necessary for such disclosure... I have said as much as I can; it is the truth after itsown manner, and as much as can be expected or required in those outer circles where thequalifications of special research cannot be expected.....”

INIVEA

33. The methods show also that the Trumps Major at least have been adapted to fortune-telling rather than belong thereto.

34. The common divinatory meanings which will be given in the third part are largely arbitrary attributions, or the product of secondary and uninstructed intuition; or, at the very most, they belong to the subject on a lower plane, apart from the original intention.

35. If the Tarot were of fortune-telling in the root-matter thereof, we should have to look in very strange places for the motive which devised it—to Witchcraft and the Black Sabbath, rather than any Secret Doctrine.​

I read this in the THE DOCTRINE OF TRANSCENDENT MAGIC by Levi, translated by A.E.Waite

Page 162 said:
The essence of divination, that is to say, the Great Magical Arcanum, is represented by all symbols of the science, and is intimately connected with the one and primeval doctrine of Hermes. In philosophy, it gives absolute certitude ; in religion, the universal secret of faith; in physics, the composition, decomposition, recomposition, realisation, and adaptation of philosophical Mercury, called Azoth by the alchemists ; in dynamics it multiplies our forces by those of perpetual motion; it is at once mystical, metaphysical, and material, with correspondent effects in the three worlds ; it procures charity in God, truth in science, and gold in riches, for metallic transmutation is at once an allegory and reality, as all the adepts of true science are perfectly well aware. Yes, gold can really and materially be made by means of the stone of the sages, which is an amalgam of salt, sulphur, and mercury, thrice combined in Azoth by a triple sublimation and a triple fixation. Yes, the operation is often easy, and may be accomplished in a day, an instant ; at other times it requires months and years. But to succeed in the great work, one must be divinus a diviner, in the kabbalistic sense of the term and it is indispensable that one should have renounced, in respect of personal interest, the advantage of wealth, so as to become its dispenser.

I found this too, just thought to post it before, I totally forget where I read this.

page 168 said:
This universal arcanum, the final and eternal secret of transcendent initiation, is represented in the Tarot by a naked girl, who touches the earth only by one foot, has a magnetic rod in each hand, and seems to be running in a crown held up by an angel, an eagle, a bull, and a lion. Fundamentally, the figure is analogous to the cherub of Jekeskiel, of which a representation is here given, and to the Indian symbol of Addhanari, which again is analogous to the ado-nai of Jekeskiel, who is vulgarly called Ezekiel. The comprehension of this figure is the key of all the occult sciences.