Hello All!! Cancerian to start joining discussions - sure to be emotional responses!!

LeahG

Hello - now I normally only stick with the tarot forum - but recently have developed an interest in astrology......have looked up the astro.com site and made up my birth chart - lucky my dear mother remembered my birth time!!

So will start to contribute to discussions soon - goodness me so much to learn!!

So to introduce myself....

For those who haven't yet meet me on the other forums

Kitty (Leah) a Cancerian (yes - I have noticed a number on the forum) - I go loopy at full moons and fit the typical cancerian description - emotional, moody , obessed with my home, need to feel safe and wear my shell when trouble is looming!

I do have a question though for the knowledgeable out there...
My moon sign is Sagitarrius, how might this affect the sun sign of Cancer?

isthmus nekoi

welcome

Hi Kitty, welcome to the study group! It's nice to have a fellow feline around (neko=cat) =^_^=

Just to let you know, we have a group account on astro.com
If you'd like to post yours there, please PM lunalafey for the e-mail/password.
You can find more info w/helpful links here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=8487
You may also want to check out past threads; we've been holding this group study since Scorpio.

Cancer sun and Sag moon isn't the easiest combo, as a Sag moon likes to explore whereas Cancer suns would rather curl up and be comfortable at home. This is not to say they're incompatable: Cancer sun may give you a nuturing disposition and Sag moon will lend an optimism.
Hm. Sag moon might give you the desire to travel, but perhaps not physically? Maybe your Sag 'explorations' take the form of crafts, or books, or something you can pursue in the comfort of your home!

Minderwiz

Hi Kitty,

Just to add a little to Isthmus' good info. Your Moon sign goes a long way to indicate your High Priestess side - your unconscious, receptive side, the way in which you feel and react. It also shows what leads to you feeling comfortable and sercure.

So as Isthmus says your Moon in Sagittarius shows that you are comfortable both learning and travelling. Its also likely that your reactions end to be enthusiastic and idealistic and may well be linked to your belief system (whatever it is). You are also more likely to be predisposed to question things because you want to learn, the more you learn the more secure you feel and the more comfortable you feel.

The Sun shows the way in which you express your conscious will, creativity and indeed your vitality. You basically said the main things here. The main thing you probably learned was to be less protective of your own ego and let the enquiring Moon out! However you still need the nest to retire to and recharge at regular intervals.

LeahG

Re: welcome

isthmus nekoi said:
Hi Kitty, welcome to the study group! It's nice to have a fellow feline around (neko=cat) =^_^=

Just to let you know, we have a group account on astro.com
If you'd like to post yours there, please PM lunalafey for the e-mail/password.
You can find more info w/helpful links here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=8487
You may also want to check out past threads; we've been holding this group study since Scorpio.

Cancer sun and Sag moon isn't the easiest combo, as a Sag moon likes to explore whereas Cancer suns would rather curl up and be comfortable at home. This is not to say they're incompatable: Cancer sun may give you a nuturing disposition and Sag moon will lend an optimism.
Hm. Sag moon might give you the desire to travel, but perhaps not physically? Maybe your Sag 'explorations' take the form of crafts, or books, or something you can pursue in the comfort of your home!

Ah thank you! I have posted my chart at astro.com with the others and starting to look at the thread you directed me to.

LeahG

A funny mixture hey

Just reading both your comments made me smile - ah can see how sag affects me now - I like to learn and explore- hows this....

studying my grad dip in psychology - but doing it via off campus mode - allows me to learn and study in the comfort of my home with my comfy pants and my cat - would say that is a mixture of cancer and sag?! :)

thank you to you both - I will keep looking at the astrology forum and post when I think I have enough knowledge to contribute something of value - but not to worry - once I get started I'm off!!

LeahG

Minderwiz said:
. You are also more likely to be predisposed to question things because you want to learn, the more you learn the more secure you feel and the more comfortable you feel.

ahahaha LOL - ah yes I am always saying "But I NEED to know, but WHY?!!"

and the reason I need to know....the security it brings.

Wow astrology is alot more than just your sun sign isn't! Ah I think you have a new astrology convert - now how will I fit learning astrology, tarot, studying full time and working full time? - I will find a way ;)

isthmus nekoi

Hi Kitty, *yes* astrology is so much more than a sun sign! There's a lot to learn in astro; there are a number of books/websites listed in the linked thread to get you started ^_^

I should also add that although I'm heading up the group, I only started reading about astrology seriously since Oct (when the group started), so I'm not nearly as knowledgable as Minderwiz... but if you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them!

Moongold

Welcome Kitty

I'm relatively new to this as well but it is a great place to learn,

I know you go to the Theosophical Bookshop in Russell Street and I'm sure that one day we'll run into each other......but in the meantime.............

They have a fantastic astrology book section and it might be worth your while to get an introductory book or too that will help you along.

Chart Interpretation Handbook" Stephen Arroyo, CRCS Publications 1969 and
How to read your astrological chart Donna Cunningham, Weiser Books, 1999

are both good and not too expensive. Having a reference made it a lot easier for me.

You can download a free chart drawing program too that might be nice to play with while you're learning. If you did a search under *Astrowyn* you'd find it. Having something simple but accurate like this helps a lot with the learning process. You can get mucg glossier ones of course.

Congratulations on doing the Grad. Dip. There are lots of connections in the things you're doing.

My best wishes

Moongold

LeahG

Re: Welcome Kitty

Moongold said:
I'm relatively new to this as well but it is a great place to learn,

I know you go to the Theosophical Bookshop in Russell Street and I'm sure that one day we'll run into each other......but in the meantime.............

They have a fantastic astrology book section and it might be worth your while to get an introductory book or too that will help you along.

Chart Interpretation Handbook" Stephen Arroyo, CRCS Publications 1969 and
How to read your astrological chart Donna Cunningham, Weiser Books, 1999

are both good and not too expensive. Having a reference made it a lot easier for me.

You can download a free chart drawing program too that might be nice to play with while you're learning. If you did a search under *Astrowyn* you'd find it. Having something simple but accurate like this helps a lot with the learning process. You can get mucg glossier ones of course.

Congratulations on doing the Grad. Dip. There are lots of connections in the things you're doing.

My best wishes

Moongold

Thank you Moongold - what a great memory you have :) Thanks for the info - of course the TS Bookshop - haven't looked much in their astrology section before....hmmmm payday thursday can feel a visit to the bookshop coming on :D

Yes, tarot, astrology and psycholgy - connections there alright - just beginning to read about Jungs theory's - archetypes - thanks to tarot I have an understanding already!

Cheers Moongold - a simple astrology book is what I am after - otherwise its a bit mindboggling - charts, houses, signs, ascendent , signs that trine, signs that oppose - ahhhhhhh!

Will give an update on the astrology forum of my progress - bound to have some questions as per usual.

Karenwhe

I will just jump in to say here is another Cancerian, and also from Melbourne.

I am in the middle of an Astrology course for beginners on www.bn.com. (it is a FREE course)

You can't register now, but in the next session you might be interested.

Astrology is complicated I am trying hard to get grips with it, getting there but slowly.