Heart of Faerie study group

faunabay

Courtnis said:
I just got my deck for my BDay and am ready to jump in. I will be joining please :)
you're more than welcome!! The more the merrier....especially when you involve the fae too! :D

stargazer

faunabay said:
I second dragonfae's question. :) Have you gotten the deck yet?

We're ready to have more people to play with us and the fae! :*
Yes! Yes! It got here late on yesterday (only had it on pre-order since November LOL!)
WOW! They are a gorgeous bunch and they started to talk to me straight out of the box, in fact I could hear them all scrambling about before I took the wrapper off! :D
I had a quick flick through the book, but have decided to put it away and get to know the faeries on my own for now ... It'll be far more interesting to go back to the book in a few weeks time me thinks. ;)

Well, I'm all ready to play!
How have you all been getting on with yours?

faunabay

stargazer said:
Well, I'm all ready to play!
How have you all been getting on with yours?
Famously! We're having soooo much fun! They really are an extension of the original deck! I love getting to know some new faerie friends!

pickled pixie

I'm hoping to join in as soon as a get a spare moment :D

PP xxx

faunabay

We've been talking away here at my house! :p I just haven't gotten around to posting what they've been saying. Got to get to that! :D I had a nice little conversation with the Paradox and done quite a few readings with them too. I really am loving this deck of faeries!!! It's fun to get to know some new friends! :heart:

hopena

I've been spending more time with the original faeries, since the new year, and am looking forward to the new group. :) I still have over a month to wait, though.

DragonFae

Oh yes this group is talkative and I am actually finding them a bit easier to read with but then again maybe I'm just more in tune with faery now...Still love the original deck though...they are so impish!!

Onyx

Just got it and making no commitments

Hello lovers of the Fae!

I got this deck after not being sure I would get it. I have the FO and it's okay. Readings are good, the art is great but there was just something missing for me in the deck. But as I was contemplating the Heart of the Faerie I decided to draw a couple of cards from the FO just to see what they would say.

They loved the idea of me getting the deck, go figure right?

I got it today after work with a 40% coupon from Borders. I decided to get it because of the blue in the cards. I think when I saw scans the extra pop of color in the background grabbed my attention.

My initial concern is the card stock. It seems flimsy but useable. I have literally only had them a few hours and the edges have more wear of them than my FO which I have had for years. But I can live with it because here is the deal.

I LOVE THE DECK

Everything I liked about the structure of the FO I find here. The art is great, but I could never get my head around the divisions of the groups in the FO. But with the HoF I get it instantly. I love the Queens and their Consorts. I love the Archetypes, the Sprites, the Journey (by far my favorite group) and the Tricksters.

I am going to use the deck in the April FSC and see how it reads. I will be studying it casually until then and just looking at the cards and their images. The book looks good but the cards I think will read for me far better than the FO which I never used without the book. I'll let you all know how that goes.

Onyx.

faunabay

Wonderful Onyx! So glad they're working with you well. :)

I'm surprised you're already having issues with the cardstock. I've used mine quite a bit and they still look brand new! If you've only had them for a couple of hours and are already seeing edge wear I'd see if you could get a replacement copy. Because mine are still perfect and I've had them about a month or so!

Onyx

a couple of things

I have started to use the cards and I still love them. I am noticing that they are a bit different from the FO. As I finally got my head around the FO I realized that each Fae on the card was in a sense if not literally (things get fuzzy with the Fae) a presence. Each card has a message and a personality.

But there are some cards in the HoF that fit this but not all. The Journey cards, which I love are more event cards and not fae personalities. Am I wrong on this?

I still have not done a whole lot of reading with the cards but am just looking them over and reading the guide. I am going to start a journal about the cards and see what comes up. I have had interesting moments of remembering with the cards already. It seems that there is something going on with this deck.

Onyx.