FSC April '10 Onyx and Mellaenn

Onyx

I have sent the reading off to Mellaenn. I am going to let her post if she wants. It was a great to use the Heart of the Faerie deck and I think it was a good reading.

Mellaenn will actually be the one to confirm or deny it when the time comes.

Cheers,

Onyx.

faerylvr

Thank you Onyx for letting us know and being sensitive to the reading and your partner's feelings.

Mellaenn

I have scooped out the reading that Onyx did for me and am posting it here:

It is a pleasure to read for you today and I am looking forward to using the Heart of the Faerie for my very first reading. I have used it a bit for myself but I have not actually tried them out on another person. It is in reading for others that makes the process magical.

Since you are bit unfamiliar with the deck I thought I would give you just a bit of an overview. The sections in this deck are different from the Faeries Oracle and are for me much simpler to understand and connect with the images than with the Faeries Oracle. The first section are the Faerie Queens, then they are followed by their Consorts. Here we have two sections that illustrate the feminine and the masculine. Then there is a group called the Archetypes which I really respond to from my Tarot Study. Not so much that they are the same but similar and express ideas in a way I am familiar with. Then we the Sprites. The Sprites remind me most of the Faeries Oracle deck. The Ladies of the deck are next and they are followed by the Tricksters. The last section of cards are The Journey. I really like this section because it illustrates many of the issues and detail that go into journeys we take both figuratively and literally.

The spread we have this month seems very suited to the deck and I am looking forward to seeing how the Fae make themselves known.

1. Where in the journey am I?

2. What am I missing still that my journey wants to teach me?

3. How will I know when I am moving forward in my journey?

The Journey that you want to look at is the Journey you are currently taking with your work. You want to know specifically if what you are doing now, the various enterprises, will be enough to support your through this time.

I have shuffled the deck and I am going to just take the cards off the top one at a time as I do the reading. I will give you the card name and then describe what I see in the card as you may not have had a chance to see the cards.

Where in the journey are you?

The Fixer: The Fixer is one of the Sprites and a quit a cute little cards. His a short fae in a big white coat that starts just under his nose, we don’t see is mouth. Long sleeves cover his hands and it goes all the way to the floor so we don’t see his feet. The Fixer as a wild skein of white hair that sticks out or flows in every direction. He has a large bone that has a brush attached to its end and he is standing on a large tile floor. There is a sign over his head giving us his name, Bueboe.

Bueboe is an old fae who is in the habit of fixing what is broken, whitewashing what can’t be fixed and he does this with the best thoughts he has. Cheerful but with a big job on his hand he stays busy.

For your journey I think that you may be in a spot of fixing some things that need attention to. I want to encourage you to do your best but don’t delude yourself if there are serious issues at hand. Sometimes we are in crisis mood and make things look good on the outside but to then the insides are still rotten or in a state of chaos.

You current jobs may be just those types of fixes that you need in your career to stay afloat. The Fae seems to see that and acknowledge that you are in a bit of time where you need to do that. This is a careful wink to let you know that the world see you working to make things right and not giving up. Keep working.

What am you missing still that your journey wants to teach you?

The Queen of Owls: She is a Faerie Queen and she is a beautiful feathered fae with luminous white feathers and all her court stand around watching the brownish earth tones.

The Queen of Owls is the ruler of physical healing and wholeness. It is clear that this card it encouraging you not to work too hard and/or be so stressed that you actually start paying with your health. I know that this is a hard message to hear at times and as I am personally starting to burn the candle at both ends with my trip for work and my prep for Reader’s Studio. I want you to be mindful of healthy practices and make sure you are not over doing it. Being sick in a busy time will set you back even farther.

The Lady of Faith: this beautiful black and white card is one of the reasons I made sure to get the deck sooner rather than later. She is a Lady but she is also a Faerie Knight and she wears a helmet and shoulder armor. But her eyes are closed and she leans forward in expectant prayer. She is ready for battle but knows that the Divine is around her and at her request will come to her aid. He is at peace with the needs and the answer, which is still yet to come. You will know when to get started moving forward because your faith will let you know. When you are quiet with yourself and reflective you will hear that voice that calmly says, “Now it is time.” Like the Fae in the card be ready for the battles ahead and move only when the Spirit leads. Don’t get ahead of it but be ready for it when it is time. The time will come.

So in conclusion how does this answer your question? I think that the answer is the measures you have in place right now are temporary and a current measure to weather the current uncertainties. I think that a great peace and opportunity will come in time that will surpass what you have now. I hope that this was a helpful reading and it was a dear pleasure to commune with the Fae on your behalf today. May their light lead you to health and faith.

Onyx

Mellaenn

I am new to Froud's Faeries Oracle but I have been studying them a bit. What a pleasure to get to use them for an actual reading as that is the best way to get to know them, and especially with someone who knows the deck already. :)

Onyx said:
My question is about my work "journey". I am nearing the end of a training phase for a promotion that I recently received. Since I got the promotion things have been quite good and I feel I am doing well. But things in the area have shifted and become a bit more crazy. I have recently moved to a new location but hear hints and whispers that I may be moving yet again. This move may be to a new city.

1. Where in the journey am I? - The Piper (Order, Harmony)

A slightly wild-looking young man wearing a garland of leaves intently plays a pipe. What strikes me about this card is the absorption with which the Piper is playing his pipe. He is focused, but also, he appears to be “in the zone”. I would love to hear how his music sounds right now, but I’ll be it would be so wistfully poignant as to almost hard to bear. But that would actually be OK, as part of his power is the ability to transform our lower emotional vibrations into higher ones.

This feels to me like where you work, you have an effect on others; as far as your job is concerned, your ability to “play the tune” makes a difference to others where you work. So, as much as I hate to say what has become somewhat of a cliche, you are right were you are supposed to be now.

2. What am I missing still that my journey wants to teach me? - Faeries of the Future - (Being in the Now - Guidance)

Faeries of various sizes and shapes face to the right - to the future. The faery in the foreground attracts my attention. She is concentrating intently (hmm, there’s a trend here) and she appears to be balancing; both in the way she holds herself and in the way she holds the nut in her hand. She also looks to be pregnant - there is potentiality here.

There are so many faeries in this picture, most of them intent on moving forward into the future. Which one will you be? Have you been hesitating on making a choice anywhere in your career? Also, what about balance? Have you been making sure that there is a balance between work and life? Where do you feel guided to go? The faeries are reminding you that you do have choices.

3. How will I know when I am moving forward in my journey? (Unity - Union - Mystical Experience)
IMHO, the graphic for this card is remarkable. At a glance we see a union of male-female energy, also, it calls to mind the healing energy of the caduceus.

What I would say here is that you will know when you are moving forward in your journey because it will just feel right. It’s not too often in our lives that we are able to slow ourselves down and feel the Life Force as it manifests itself in our lives, and it does everywhere, at all times; we just get too caught up in our mundane existence to connect with it at times. But when we do, we can take this energy; no, we can be this energy - and that is what will move us forward.

Overall, you have a feeling of focus and concentration in your reading. That is good. The faeries are reminding you that your future is yours to choose and you have control over where to put your energy. At some point soon you should be able to connect with the universal energy - or you may already have done so - and if you take that focus and go towards the highest good, all will be well. Yes, there is change coming, but it is definitely moving you forward on your journey.

I hope this helps in reference to your question.

I need to work on a few other things but will get back with feedback for your reading later today or tomorrow.

Mellaenn

Feedback to Onyx

First I woud like to say that you have a delightful style of reading. I can tell you like this deck, too! You explain things so clearly and knowing I don't have the deck you described them for me very well; thank you!

Onyx said:
The Journey that you want to look at is the Journey you are currently taking with your work. You want to know specifically if what you are doing now, the various enterprises, will be enough to support your through this time.

Where in the journey are you?

The Fixer: The Fixer is one of the Sprites and a quit a cute little cards. His a short fae in a big white coat that starts just under his nose, we don’t see is mouth. Long sleeves cover his hands and it goes all the way to the floor so we don’t see his feet. The Fixer as a wild skein of white hair that sticks out or flows in every direction. He has a large bone that has a brush attached to its end and he is standing on a large tile floor. There is a sign over his head giving us his name, Bueboe.

Bueboe is an old fae who is in the habit of fixing what is broken, whitewashing what can’t be fixed and he does this with the best thoughts he has. Cheerful but with a big job on his hand he stays busy.

For your journey I think that you may be in a spot of fixing some things that need attention to. I want to encourage you to do your best but don’t delude yourself if there are serious issues at hand. Sometimes we are in crisis mood and make things look good on the outside but to then the insides are still rotten or in a state of chaos.

You current jobs may be just those types of fixes that you need in your career to stay afloat. The Fae seems to see that and acknowledge that you are in a bit of time where you need to do that. This is a careful wink to let you know that the world see you working to make things right and not giving up. Keep working.
This is a good snapshot of what I'm doing. I'm running around putting buckets under the leaks right now as I was recently downsized. Taking care of a lot of business, but I absolutely do have a serious issue at hand - I need to start making some money as soon as possible! And oh, yeah, trying to remain cheerful - keeping my vibration high - and it's working, actually!

Onyx said:
What are you missing still that your journey wants to teach you?

The Queen of Owls: She is a Faerie Queen and she is a beautiful feathered fae with luminous white feathers and all her court stand around watching the brownish earth tones.

The Queen of Owls is the ruler of physical healing and wholeness. It is clear that this card it encouraging you not to work too hard and/or be so stressed that you actually start paying with your health. I know that this is a hard message to hear at times and as I am personally starting to burn the candle at both ends with my trip for work and my prep for Reader’s Studio. I want you to be mindful of healthy practices and make sure you are not over doing it. Being sick in a busy time will set you back even farther.
This is very interesting. One thing I did recently to keep myself well mentally was attend a drum healing ceremony. While I was in the circle receiving my healing from the medicine drum, I saw a vision that this relates to, though I am holding on to the details of that vision for a time being.

For me right now I may not be in such danger of getting physically sick as I could let my energy down if I let myself get depressed about my situation. I am doing my best to safe-guard my "vibrational health".

Onyx said:

The Lady of Faith: this beautiful black and white card is one of the reasons I made sure to get the deck sooner rather than later. She is a Lady but she is also a Faerie Knight and she wears a helmet and shoulder armor. But her eyes are closed and she leans forward in expectant prayer. She is ready for battle but knows that the Divine is around her and at her request will come to her aid. He is at peace with the needs and the answer, which is still yet to come. You will know when to get started moving forward because your faith will let you know. When you are quiet with yourself and reflective you will hear that voice that calmly says, “Now it is time.” Like the Fae in the card be ready for the battles ahead and move only when the Spirit leads. Don’t get ahead of it but be ready for it when it is time. The time will come.
OK, unemployment be damned - I'm getting this deck! I love how this card sounds. And this is such comforting advice for me right now.

Onyx said:
So in conclusion how does this answer your question? I think that the answer is the measures you have in place right now are temporary and a current measure to weather the current uncertainties. I think that a great peace and opportunity will come in time that will surpass what you have now. I hope that this was a helpful reading and it was a dear pleasure to commune with the Fae on your behalf today. May their light lead you to health and faith.

Onyx
Oh, my, I certainly hope so! I do resonate with this reading as I have this strange faith that everything will work out marvelously.

Again I thank you and I am looking forward to meeting you at Readers Studio. Hope your enterprise at work this week goes well and I hope YOU stay well yourself!

Love and Light - Mellaenn

Onyx

Mellaenn said:
I am new to Froud's Faeries Oracle but I have been studying them a bit. What a pleasure to get to use them for an actual reading as that is the best way to get to know them, and especially with someone who knows the deck already. :)

I just got back in town late last night and the first thing I wanted to do today was get you some feedback on your reading. Thanks for do the reading for me and taking the time. It was a good solid reading for me and gave me a lot of insight and direction to look toward the rest of my journey.

Mellaenn said:

1. Where in the journey am I? - The Piper (Order, Harmony)

A slightly wild-looking young man wearing a garland of leaves intently plays a pipe. What strikes me about this card is the absorption with which the Piper is playing his pipe. He is focused, but also, he appears to be “in the zone”. I would love to hear how his music sounds right now, but I’ll be it would be so wistfully poignant as to almost hard to bear. But that would actually be OK, as part of his power is the ability to transform our lower emotional vibrations into higher ones.

This feels to me like where you work, you have an effect on others; as far as your job is concerned, your ability to “play the tune” makes a difference to others where you work. So, as much as I hate to say what has become somewhat of a cliche, you are right were you are supposed to be now.

I like the Piper and always wonder what his songs says to each person. I know that it is different and like a whisper on the breeze it delights and tempts us all. This card more than the other is a great confirmation of where I am. I never thought of myself as the Piper before. It is an interesting idea. I do think that I have to step up and accept that there are "songs" I play that influence those around me. I need to pay attention to the "songs" I play to be sure to encourage and build up those who hear it.

Mellaenn said:
2. What am I missing still that my journey wants to teach me? - Faeries of the Future - (Being in the Now - Guidance)

Faeries of various sizes and shapes face to the right - to the future. The faery in the foreground attracts my attention. She is concentrating intently (hmm, there’s a trend here) and she appears to be balancing; both in the way she holds herself and in the way she holds the nut in her hand. She also looks to be pregnant - there is potentiality here.

There are so many faeries in this picture, most of them intent on moving forward into the future. Which one will you be? Have you been hesitating on making a choice anywhere in your career? Also, what about balance? Have you been making sure that there is a balance between work and life? Where do you feel guided to go? The faeries are reminding you that you do have choices.

Balance takes over and is an issue throughout the reading. I think that one thing I have been missing is my potential to provide balance for those who I have influence over. Things in the past have been rocky and even currently there are still big issues to be address at work but I need to be balanced. I need to "play songs" that will help other be balanced in themselves and feel secured. I have to take the moments now to ensure the future that I want. The Future Faeries are coming to me to give reminders that they are out there.

Mellaenn said:
3. How will I know when I am moving forward in my journey? (Unity - Union - Mystical Experience)
IMHO, the graphic for this card is remarkable. At a glance we see a union of male-female energy, also, it calls to mind the healing energy of the caduceus.

What I would say here is that you will know when you are moving forward in your journey because it will just feel right. It’s not too often in our lives that we are able to slow ourselves down and feel the Life Force as it manifests itself in our lives, and it does everywhere, at all times; we just get too caught up in our mundane existence to connect with it at times. But when we do, we can take this energy; no, we can be this energy - and that is what will move us forward.

This position I have been considering for a couple of day. I don’t think I am stopped in my journey and that may be an unintended assumption in the positional meaning. I thought about it and I like the idea that this card is not just an awareness of movement but something more. It has become clear to me that this is a position that can show what to look for when you are moving toward your goal. Meaning that though progress in my journey is always happening when I pursue and act toard positive unity then I know I am on the right journey.

Unity is an element of Balance. I need to continue to set my aim at that Balance leads to Unity. Without Balance then Unity is never going to happen. It will be parts always struggling to find their place.

Mellaenn said:
Overall, you have a feeling of focus and concentration in your reading. That is good. The faeries are reminding you that your future is yours to choose and you have control over where to put your energy. At some point soon you should be able to connect with the universal energy - or you may already have done so - and if you take that focus and go towards the highest good, all will be well. Yes, there is change coming, but it is definitely moving you forward on your journey.

I hope this helps in reference to your question.

I need to work on a few other things but will get back with feedback for your reading later today or tomorrow.

Thanks again for the reading and the feedback on my reading. I love working with the Faeries! They are just a nice diversion from the everyday life and help us to remember to play a little every day.

Onyx.