Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Hang on - what was all that about changed cards ?

Quote:
Only minor changes have been made to the imagery (many people asked us not to change the deck very much and we listened to this). But all images now have metallic overlay (see below).
So, um, what ? I thought every card had been changed, someone said ?

PS Scarf
Top   #201
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
Hang on - what was all that about changed cards ?

So, um, what ? I thought every card had been changed, someone said ?
In their own words (from FB):

"ALL cards have been altered and worked on—in some cases you'll see obvious changes, in others it's been a matter of improving image resolution (it was lower back in the days...) and detail."

Of course that was February 18. Maybe they are phrasing it differently now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
PS Scarf
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!
Top   #202
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeric View Post
This thread acted as one giant de-enable. I went from wanting Prague to not at all.
Please don't let us rain on your parade, Aeric. All caveats aside (and my caveats have to do with Baba's shifting market focus, not with the decks themselves) I still think it's a breathtaking deck.
Top   #203
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonGypsy View Post
i have stayed away from this thread for the most part...

i don't need enabeling and can't be de-enabled.
Wise. Very wise....
Top   #204
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 

Admittedly my attention wavered, but I got the impression that it was mostly improving resolution with a couple of slightly changed cards maybe. Since I haven't been following it, it was hard for me to figure out. Really I do tend to leave extras in there. I never did figure out what that was on the extra Lovers in the DOTM.

(I did want to say "scarf" )

Diana
Top   #205
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 

Good gravy, no wonder I can't read with their decks. I subscribed and was confirmed the other day (maybe I'm just Catholic now) but haven't gotten a newsletter. I see there's some account thing so I'm now in that.

I have to wonder how I bought the Alice and a bag and never get any thing from them. They did have a record of that but I don't seem to be a customer.

Scarf, no bag, scarf, bag, no scarf, bag, no clue, not sure what's the code, no newsletter, no credit card, need to call them. Why doesn't anybody ever make extra happy cards? Double squirrels.

It is "hoping to offer" on the foldover bag for the large edition so it's not promised that I can see and you're still stuck with the s****. They're considering republishing the Victorian Romantic in 2017 with 5 new Lovers (no, kidding about the last probably).

Diana
Top   #206
Goodbye :(

littlethings 

I ordered the standard edition and the book. The 20% discount definitely helps, but it is still way more than I would normally pay for a deck. I've longed for this for quite a while now though and am excited to finally get it.

scarf
Top   #207
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaintlyMacabre View Post
(I did want to say "scarf" )
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaintlyMacabre View Post
Scarf, no bag, scarf, bag, no scarf, bag, no clue, not sure what's the code, no newsletter, no credit card, need to call them. Why doesn't anybody ever make extra happy cards? Double squirrels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlethings View Post
scarf

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!
Top   #208
Magical Dreamer

Aeric 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
Please don't let us rain on your parade, Aeric. All caveats aside (and my caveats have to do with Baba's shifting market focus, not with the decks themselves) I still think it's a breathtaking deck.
Don't worry. I thought about it more. I have a personal connection to the themes of the decks I own. And this isn't one. I didn't enjoy my trip to Prague, so I was turned off by the Tarot while it was out of print. Where I absolutely loved my trip to Venice, I got the Venice deck.

My enthusiasm for the new release was for its sought after value as a Tarot deck, that's all. In truth, I wouldn't use it or look through it enough to justify the cost. And I have plenty of decks whose reading value I consider superior. It's a sumptuous art deck, but not one for me.
Top   #209
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeric View Post
Don't worry. I thought about it more. I have a personal connection to the themes of the decks I own. And this isn't one. I didn't enjoy my trip to Prague, so I was turned off by the Tarot while it was out of print. Where I absolutely loved my trip to Venice, I got the Venice deck.
What! I thought Prague was magical. Here I am wishing somebody would do Pittsburgh instead. (I was nice didn't mention that thing.)

Diana
Top   #210

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.