"Transit of Venus"-the Astrological Event of the Year

horoskope88

isthmus nekoi said:

For a personal interpretation, I'd look at the house the eclipse is in, as well as the placement of natal Venus. You've written that transiting Venus will be conj Sun and Jupiter. That sounds like a nice time to me :) Try to determine how those two planets have played out in your life (e.g. aspects to other planets) b/c those issues may be highlighted.

Well, lets see, the transit occurs in my Ninth House, highlighting issues such as...higher learning and academics (the end of the schoolyear? Though I havent left with any honors...), foreign travel (not a possibility at this point)...that's all I can think of at the moment. I'lll just have to wait and see, but I have a feeling nothing significant will turn up.

isthmus nekoi

:) Major events happen in the skies just like major events change the world, but most of us don't experience a deep personal impact and are just along for the ride.... In the end the same old things that need to get done will get done regardless of politics, "progress", astrological configurations and the whole mess that's life!

punchinella

So . . . ummmn, er . . . I have a natal chart here, & horoscope88 says that this transit is to occur at 16 degrees Gemini . . . how can I tell where this is on the natal chart? SERIOUS newbie question I know, but there it is. The houses are blocked-out in the center of the chart, and the gemini sign is right up at the top of it & to either side it reads 21 degrees, & 43' . . . I have no idea what this means (or where 16 degrees might be, since the degrees do not appear to progress around the circumference of the chart as I might have expected . . . )

I suppose my ignorance is probably so vast that it may be difficult for any of you to help me out, but someone suggested that I take a look at this Venus transit, which is what I'm attempting to do :|

Very little success so far, this is rocket science to me (how do you all cope I wonder???)

paradoxx

Each sign has 30 degrees (0 to 29). 16 degrees is about the center of a signs chart slice.

For venus to transit in the middle of Gemini, sign of the twins, means that you will be expierencing some confusing events that will result in the unearthing of "the other side" or "the hidden side" to any current scenerios in yours (or anyones) life.

horoskope88

punchinella said:
So . . . ummmn, er . . . I have a natal chart here, & horoscope88 says that this transit is to occur at 16 degrees Gemini . . . how can I tell where this is on the natal chart? SERIOUS newbie question I know, but there it is. The houses are blocked-out in the center of the chart, and the gemini sign is right up at the top of it & to either side it reads 21 degrees, & 43' . . . I have no idea what this means (or where 16 degrees might be, since the degrees do not appear to progress around the circumference of the chart as I might have expected . . . )

Well, the house cusp where the Gemini symbol is reads 21 degrees 43' right? 16 degrees Gemini would be a little before that line, in the previous house.

punchinella

Horoskope88, this line running up to the gemini sign is between the 9th & 10th houses. Does this mean that 16 degrees would definitely be in the 9th house then (is the movement counter-clockwise? --It just seems a bit weird.)

Manko

horoskope88 said:
Well, lets see, the transit occurs in my Ninth House, highlighting issues such as...higher learning and academics (the end of the schoolyear? Though I havent left with any honors...), foreign travel (not a possibility at this point)...that's all I can think of at the moment. I'lll just have to wait and see, but I have a feeling nothing significant will turn up.

Hi!

Well, about that higher learning stuff and travels and such...
It needent be "higher learning", as long as your activities lead to a new take on life, it is 9th house. :)
If it affects your philosophies or your outlook, if your activities expands your horizons, it is 9th house...

Also it is true that great occurances in the sky don't always show off so obviously in every persons life.

But I sure am going to keep an eye open as it happens in my 12th house in perfect conjuction with my retrograde saturn...
Whatever that might mean?
It's benignly aspected to my aquarious MC and oppositions my sagittarius mercury which is in conjuct venus and neptune wich are all sextiled to my pluto wich... ehr... nah... we will se...

/Manko

horoskope88

punchinella said:
Horoskope88, this line running up to the gemini sign is between the 9th & 10th houses. Does this mean that 16 degrees would definitely be in the 9th house then (is the movement counter-clockwise? --It just seems a bit weird.)

Between the 9th and 10th Houses? You mean Gemini is on the cusp of your 10th House? If that's the case, then I say, yes, 16 degrees Gemini would be in your Ninth house (same as me), UNLESS you're 9th House is very small and starts out at, say, 18 degrees Gemini (though I'm not altogether sure this is possible; I know in some systems the size of the houses can vary greatly). What is on the cusp of the Ninth House? If this is in Taurus, then yes, 16 degrees Gemini would be in your Ninth House.

I would cast your chart for you and have a look-see, but I know I would never have the time to get around to doing it (it's finals week; wish me luck!).

I'm still hoping this super-rare Venus transit will amount to me being in a super-super-super-rare love relationship. <sarcasm> (I'm just setting myself up for disappointment though LoL it's hopeless)

punchinella

Well the ninth house doesn't exactly look like love now does it (more's the pity)

Thanks for the explanation horoskope, why I do believe I understand says Alice

(& good luck on those finals!!!)

DeLani

Don't know if this is pertinent or not, but my hubby and I got into a huge fight Friday night, one that may signal the end of our marriage. We have had a lot stress lately because of living with friends (home issues - 4th house?), and he is a Leo - ruled by the Sun. Now I see it more like a collision course, a huge crash between Venus and the Sun. The relationship (Venus) seems too small to withstand the intensity of the Sun (Leo).
My poetic ramblings....sorry...