Question: Ruling Planets/Signs in their Natural Houses

tabi

Admittedly I don't do a whole lot of casting of charts so when I do I generally have a few things that I need help with. Most of the time I can read through things and find what I need to answer....however this is a first for me and I was hoping that someone would be able to help me here.

I just did a birth chart for someone born on June 16, 1985 in San Diego, Cali at 9:36pm. Casting the chart I found that five of the houses have their ruling planet in them, and two of the planets are in their ruling sign. (They are all different and neither the same ruling planet/sign in the same house together--if that makes sense).

My questions:

~Does this add more intensity to the chart (I think it would)
~Are the ruling planets more important in their houses or in their signs?
~Or did I do this one completely wrong?!

Keep in mind that I do is a very basic overview of a birth chart, it is more of lay people who are interested but not that interested. I have never casted one for someone other then myself or sons. So anything is quite possible.

sweet_intuition

tabi said:
My questions:

~Does this add more intensity to the chart (I think it would)
~Are the ruling planets more important in their houses or in their signs?
~Or did I do this one completely wrong?!

~ Yes
~ Both actually
~ Nope, chill, relax, take a deep breath :)

tabi

Well I'm wondering if I did the ascendant right since that is generally where I screw up at. If I did mess it up that means most of the planets shift back one sign and house. I have the ascendant in Capricorn, two of my three reference books agree with that but I have one that has it is in Aquarius. Any good sites that tell you flat out where the ascendant is and how to figure it out? Because those charts in the reference books are so damn tiny!

And if it is right then wow that is one helluva strong chart!

dadsnook2000

Forget about book charts

You need to move past book charts, now! If you want to study or learn about Astrology then you need astrology software. Go to the following site and download the free program Astrology for Windows version 2.3. This software is from Halloran and its quality software. I use the full version which has to be purchased.

http://www.halloran.com/

You want to get familiar with ONE software program. If you skip among those that are on-line the data entry and program settings are all different among them and you can get a chart that is wrong for what you need or what you asked for. Good luck. Dave

tabi

I downlowned the suggested website Dave, I like the cleanest of the chart even with the degrees...however I'll be the first one to tell you that I'm a dork and I like actually drawing the chart by hand. :| However it does give me a place to start.

Thanks!
tabi

dadsnook2000

For tabi

There is something almost magical about hand calculating a chart, looking up planet positions and house cusps, and then figuring out the aspects. It sort of brings the chart to "life". I don't do much of that anymore, having had software and a computer since 1979 -- I had to build and program my first computer. Very crude and no print-outs, just a screen table display.

But, Halloran's software is very good, and should provide you with th basics that you'll need for sometime. I have purchased the AstroDelux for Windows along with the Report Writer (which I don't use). Good luck. Dave