Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Give me something to sing about

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Jedi

Zephyros 
Jedi

Give me something to sing about

Was feeling a little run down, so I did what I generally do in these situations. It doesn't always help, but it can't hurt. The game, if you can call it that, is simple. Each person draws a card that depicts something good about themselves or their lives. If you don't see an immediate connection to something good, perservere and try harder. Trying to find sometimg good in your life according to a card has got to be better than obsessions about bad things, right?

The thread name is taken from the Buffy musical. It's ironic because in this song she laments not being dead, but we don't want to go there.

So I'll start. The card I got was the five of wands. Not one that immediately lends itself to joviality, but maybe that's the key. I tend to have a bad temper, and when backed into a corner I come out roaring, like today when I had a fight with my boss. There was yelling all around but I was just slightly louder, and I won. By causing strife and chaos I get my way. A bad temper can be a burden but also very useful.
Top   #1
Citizen

donnalee 
Citizen

Smile

The Tarot of the Old Path: four of cauldrons

This card portrays an unhappy-looking woman pouring more into the cup of a man who seems to be sleeping off a drunken state. The good part about this is that I do NOT live with drunks, after having done so in the past, nor with people who will pour whatever into my cup when I am not looking and not tell me what it is, so that is something positive to sing about for me! If someone thought I needed cheering up or a kick in the behind to get moving, the person would tell me and not sneak stuff in my drink or food!
Top   #2
Citizen

JackofWands 
Citizen

RWS: The Chariot

Going to be disappointingly literal here, but I'm going on vacation in two days and am thrilled to have the opportunity to get out of town and see new sights for a little while.
Top   #3
Star clad

Padma 
Star clad

Neat idea for a game, Closrapexa! Thank you

Bohemian Cat tarot, The Queen of Cups.

This card depicts a beautiful and elegant cat in a fantastic multicoloured Victorian French gown, replete with gem-like trim and a cloak of teal silk - and yellow bows down the front. In the trompe-l'oeuil background on the wall behind her, there are cherubs pouring water from fish in fountains, and a sylvan nymph holding up a golden cup over a bowl of fruit. She has a lovely golden cup before her, on a velvet clothed table made of golden metal.

What I have to sing about - I live a good life, and am nurtured spiritually and have all I need materially. The harvest has been good in many ways this year! So though I have had terrible stress in my life this year, and great losses of loved ones, one very recent, nonetheless I am sustained and have a secure place, with a roof over my head, food to eat, and good friends to nurture my heart. And so I am reminded of all the good things I do have, and that is something to feel grateful and uplifted about!
Top   #4
grandmother

fractalgranny 
grandmother

great idea!

karma tarot - the juggler (magician)

i can definitely see myself in this card - in fact, it reminds me of a reading i just got (with the topic of karma, and here i am looking at the karma tarot!) a skilled person who dresses up as a clown; whatever it takes to get the message across.
Top   #5
Sad Oracle

danieljuk 
Sad Oracle

great idea!

RWS 9 of Cups

I find this confusing with how things are currently but perhaps I have everything I need to make myself happy and for my wishes to come true. Perhaps my wishes are going to come true but I should look more at the good things I do have and be thankful
Top   #6
Jedi

Zephyros 
Jedi

Thoth 9 of Discs

This is a strange card for me to get as a good thing, simply because I have never been any good at making money, or holding on to it. However, somehow I always managed to get along somehow, recalling the story of the "stone soup." Reminds me of the song from the Jungle Book, "Bare Necessities."
Top   #7
Citizen

donnalee 
Citizen

Smile

Ah, here is this thread! I looked and looked under games, but here it is specifically under single card games, which is why so few people find it, I suspect--

Mystic faerie knight of cups

I think the good of this card for my life is that I could use a little more of the dreamy romantic silliness in my worldview, and this is a good reminder of that. I also love the outfit and maybe should make something like it, thus manifesting beauty and evoking romantic ideas--
Top   #8
Star clad

Padma 
Star clad

Funny, I was just thinking of this thread when Donnalee posted!

My card: Kat Black's Touchstone tarot, the Chariot.

While I am feeling a bit down due to a *really* bad cold, I need to remind myself that overall, the course of my life is good, and that I will be going on some mini-trips in the next few weeks - three of them - which will be fun and good for me. The Chariot reminded me of the upcoming travel...seems that I shall feel euphoric about it, as the Chariot is also somewhat victorious. Especially in this card, which depicts a popular type of a Victorian "goddess" of victory. A lady dressed as a Roman goddess, pearls and all! lol!

Top   #9
Citizen

moon_light 
Citizen

The Fool rx

Recently, I've had to slow down and think before making decisions, so I've gotten better at that. I'm giving things the time they need in order to make good choices.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.