Your new place for all things Thoth

thorhammer

I'm really enjoying being over at Cartomancy for a lot of things, however DDwarks already asked the question about having a Thoth forum, and this was the reply...

"Hi all,

Thanks for your enthusiasm! I'm not going to tell you to get lost for asking an honest and polite question.

I will have to ponder this and talk with the mods. I don't want to start making specialty forums for specific decks, because then everyone will want one for their favorite. (Their own... their preciousss! Very Happy)

I have an idea for some options, but I still want to give our virtual dust a chance to settle before we make changes. If we need to grow, I'd like to grow organically from what we see is truly needed to make the forum easier or better to use.

In the meantime, you could try working with the Tarot Deep Dive as kali suggested; and other esoteric stuff is welcome to go in the Spiritual section. You might even benefit from finding that non-Thoth folks enjoy talking about Golden Dawn-style kabbalah (or qabalah if you prefer); but we won't know unless we try.

Thank you all for taking time to share your viewpoints."
I did find that buried in the help forum after I'd posted here. I see their point...but if it develops as a group over there they might think again! LOL

ravenest

I really think this is the place to go- she has had a Thoth place ready and waiting for last last few days already!

http://tarotsphere.proboards.com/

Sub forum here...

http://tarotsphere.proboards.com/board/36/tarot-studies

yeah ... but how do you join there ?

Tyoe in password , must be 6 characters at least and numbers recommended

so I abcdef ( thats 6 charcters ) and x x ( thats 2 numbers ) ( they are not the actual letters and numbers I used, it was a name and numbers )

your password is weak , ( not processed ) choose another

right then ! abcdefghijk xxx - your password is weak , ( not processed )

RIGHT THEN ! abcdeffedcbac xx xx x - your password is average ... but , not processed

WTF ?

absdefgnghtyidenryikhemfgjklw xxxxxxxxxxxx - your password is 'STRONG"

not processed .

I give up !

thorhammer

so I abcdef ( thats 6 charcters ) and x x ( thats 2 numbers ) ( they are not the actual letters and numbers I used, it was a name and numbers )

RIGHT THEN ! abcdeffedcbac xx xx x - your password is average ... but , not processed

WTF ?

not processed .

I give up !

Most of these replacement forums are having huge traffic increases right now, and I think the glitches are mostly because of that. Patience, grasshopper! Lol at least one has really long load times on pages too, though I can't recall which because I have so many tabs open at the moment.

Always Wondering

WTF ?

not processed .

I give up !

I just got registered with a nine letter, two number password, rated as average. Just to have a look around.

Don't give up!

smw

I'm feeling eye crossed from looking at forums and/or joining them. I'll follow where everyone else is going, same landing spot seems good to me.

earthair

Try not leaving spaces ravenest?! ;)

Always Wondering

Another option is to decamp to one of the many forums that are being created now, with Obsydian's (sp?) being the best candidate for this, from what I've seen. That forum seems the most ready to create new sections as needed and they're also looking for moderators.
I agree that a moderator will have the most influence on the success of a Thoth transition. Where is this discussion where she is asking for new moderators?

I think it would be important to have one that's "one of us" to try and preserve the freedom we had here, although I myself wasn't planning on moderating anything any more. This isn't to say I didn't love doing it, quite the contrary, but with AT shutting down I feel it's time to bow out gracefully.
Are you sure you would not reconsider? Especially if we transition to a brand new forum? An untried administration might be more willing to take us on with an experienced moderator in tow. Maybe for a while longer?

We could approach Obsydian asking for a Thoth forum and install a mod of our own, should anyone wish to take it on. If it should be filled with AT people, a Thoth forum is very little work, a few minutes a day (some days nor even that), and I could be available to help in a non-official capacity.

https://www.littlefangtarot.com/forum

We have just had another invite, is this one still viable?

smw

Joint moderators Aeon and Zephyros would be a cracking new start ❤️ then it wouldn't fall on just Zephyros who has already given up his time to moderate the forum for us.

Aeon418

I haven't decided where to go yet. But I'm sure I won't be going to Cartomancy.

Always Wondering

Hey Everyone!

Holly from Tarotsphere here

I can't speak for the other forums, as I've been up to my ears between work and setting up a new forum to check them out, but I'd be over the moon and honored to host Thoth Enthusiasts.
This is a very nice offer. Thanks Dogs&Coffee!

Right now Thoth has a cozy sub-board under Tarot Studies. If you feel it needs expanding, I'm more than happy to do so.
Again this is very generous. Also some extra work. Would we need to bring our own moderator?

I've also included boards for divination, herbs, crystals.... you name it, I've got it or will add it.
I've already joined, just for the herbs.

Anywho,
I'd be honored to have you check out what I've built so far. The boards are becoming very active, and we have over 100 members right now, and considering Tarotsphere is only days old, that's pretty neat :)

I hope to see you over there!

Thanks again. And congratulations!