OILS for joints/muscles

greatdane

I am trying oil of wintergreen for some disk pain. I also see Eden's Garden has a Muscle Relief blend. For now I am just trying the wintergreen and it seems to ease the pain and I really like the scent :)

I was getting oil of wintergreen to make carpet freshener and air freshener and didn't realize it was good for joint or muscle pain til I read about it. The disks in my back are not aging like a fine wine and some times act up more than other times.

Anyone else use any oils for joint, disk, muscle pain?

tarotlova

Tiger Balm its Chinese wonderful stuff.

greatdane

thank you Tarotlova

I have heard of it, but never tried it. My hip aches, but it's really the disks in my back, I just feel it in my hip. Standing is the worse. Or lying down for long periods sometimes.

I shall try the Tiger Balm next time I am at the store!

DDwarks

Magnesium oil. I swear by the stuff!

greatdane

DDwarks I didn't know one could just get that oil

Is there a brand? Do you get in a pharmacy? Sounds intriguing.

tarotlova

I have heard of it, but never tried it. My hip aches, but it's really the disks in my back, I just feel it in my hip. Standing is the worse. Or lying down for long periods sometimes.

I shall try the Tiger Balm next time I am at the store!

Oh that is the same with me, Dr said I had arthritis in my hip but I do have a couple of bulging disks, standing is horrible and I can't sleep in because of that. I take a inflammatory tablet that my husband has for his Gout when it's to much :bugeyed: I know you shouldn't share medicine but it works!

DDwarks

Is there a brand? Do you get in a pharmacy? Sounds intriguing.

I buy mine on Amazon. I spray it on my arthritic hands and knees and I used it on my lower back pain.
I couldn't use my hands anymore if it wasn't for it!

The one other massive plus for me is that it's actually helping to get rid of some stubborn cellulite since I've started rubbing it on my thighs! :thumbsup:

The one I use is "Bob's best" (I'm in the Uk ) because they have 2 different strength.
I use it on the sole of my daughter's feet at night too before bed and it helps her relax for a good night sleep. She's been a lot calmer during the day too as a result (she's autistic bless her heart x)

The higher strength can sting a bit that's why I rub it on the sole her feet.

Epsom salts are great as well (it's also magnesium!). It really un-knots the body and relaxes the mind. Like *really* relax!

Good for bruises and good for a smooth skin! It's the stuff they rub on you in posh Spas. Amazon Uk sells massive bags of them x

greatdane

I'm in US, I will look for it on Amazon

Thanks tarotlova and ddwarks for more ideas! Pain is no fun!

celticnoodle

You know, G.D. there is one oil that is very inexpensive and widely available and has MANY great uses to it--but is also very good for sore muscles and joint pain.

This oil is OLIVE OIL!!!

I know, I know! people are saying to themselves, "Olive Oil?" oh pu-leeze! But, Olive Oil is fantastic for so many things--INCLUDING your sore muscles and joints.

check it out on this site here: http://blog.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/olive-oil-anti-inflammatory-arthritis-diet/

and there are many other sites too. I just did a quick google search and that was the first one to pop up. So, google it and see what all you find.

I love olive oil. We use it to cook with, I use it as a moisturizer after I shower/bathe and I use it to help with my inflammation when I remember. :laugh:

I do sometimes forget about it--and I also have other oils that are good--but really, Olive Oil is wonderful for SOOO much! And, its pretty good that you can but a big bottle of it for a very good price tag and use it for many other things too. :)

here is another great site too--it lists a lot of ideas, incl. Olive Oil...

http://everydayroots.com/arthritis-remedies

Coconut oil is also another good one. It is easily available too--but you'll have to melt it - easily done in the microwave. I also use coconut oil a lot. You can cook with it again too--but mostly I use it as a facial cleanser and moisturizer and is a great skin moisturizer too--like olive oil.

greatdane

I wonder if I could use the olive oil as a carrier oil

and mix with the oil of wintergreen. The oil of wintergreen seems to help ease the pain, but maybe the two together would be like a double whammy.