Coffin card in relationships

Padma

However, at the elementary level I'm at, I always take the second card in a pair as the "adjective" and the first as the "noun". Which would make it "a coffin kind of cross" rather than "a cross kind of coffin".
(visual image of a grumpy coffin with a big frown, shaking a fist... sorry! :D)
That was something I was going to ask you, Padma - in your BRILLIANT interpretation, it seems that you take a pair sometimes one way round, sometimes the other.
(For example:
"Sun/Lady: Lady feeling optimistic about it all." = sun kind of lady, ie an A kind of B;
but "Man/Cross: Depressed man" = cross kind of man, ie a B kind of A.)

According to the excellent website you quoted, LearnLenormand.com, he says of Sun/Lady:

"Sun + woman (29): high energy, outgoing, optimistic"

and of Man/Cross: "Man + cross (36): religious, burdened"

So I don't know why I chose to read Sun as affecting woman, but I think with the Man and Woman card, it amounts to the same thing, on either side. But I don't think that applies to the rest of the cards, oddly! I can't explain my logic there, because you are correct, the first is the noun, and is very much affected by the second, the adjective card!

Thanks for the kind words, btw, Mandy! :love:

Kurenai, in regard to Sun + House - Perfect house, sunny house, hot house (like, no air conditioning) or even, with the Bouquet, the kind of hot house you grow flowers in...or just success at home.

You are right, there is no knighting (that I know of) in a line of cards...? Not sure how MandMaud does that, maybe she will explain :) Everyone has their own way to do things!

In regard to learning how to knight, it is pretty easy - look here:

http://learnlenormand.com/reading-lenormand-grand-tableau-2/

Please do check out the other features on his site, it is a really helpful site for beginners, and includes a list of possible combos for when you are really stuck, and need a clue or two! ;)

MandMaud

Oops, sorry about the knighting - I meant to ask were your nine cards in a 3x3! I think that was in the semi-digested post that I can't clearly remember, but today I just went on with the assumption. If they had been 3x3 the knighting connections I made would be the right ones but I have misled you, sorry.

Ah, so the coffin can be interpreted as a small space! So many meanings!!! So it can be that I will meet the next man in a small confined place?? Hmm.... I am thinking maybe the subway or the train?

Locked in a cupboard? Stuck in a lift? Needing help to get yourself out of a coat where the zip has got stuck? Entangled in a sheet...? })

I'm beginning to think I need to concentrate on making the longest list I possibly can of simple meanings for each individual card, one at a time, before going on to put any together. (Such as those for coffin, above.) I have been trying to run before I could walk.