The Lovers reversed

TinaV

I recently did a reading for someone who is in a relationship. The outcome card for the union was The Lovers reversed. This confused me. I know that The Lovers upright means making decisions, growing in the process or even a third party involved.

Lovers reversed; it seems that they will make decisions in a negative way. Maybe a breakup?

I got King of Swords reversed as a clarifier. I interpreted this as the male being dominant and stubborn about something, which might be a cause for a future breakup?

Puffette

May i ask if they are legally married?
King of swords rx is colder than upright and out of control.. he becomes a tyrant...so stubborn and cruel. In rx could mean a nasty divorce.
Lovers reversed is definetly break up as all the attraction we see in upright is gone.

KnightOfTheCosmos

I'll try to take a crack at this. In my deck, the King of Swords is sort of a master when it comes to making deep and trustworthy decisions, decisions that are right for him. He's definitely not indecisive. He's also quite good at communicator. He has tact.

The Lovers usually represents a choice that has to be made. It's the 6th major arcana and 6 means balance. If it is reversed, it could mean that the relationship isn't balanced because a choice is not being made, or maybe even the wrong choice was made. This is further proven by the King of Swords Rx, which could represent someone in the relationship. If it represents a person, then it could mean that this person is causing the relationship to be imbalanced because of their stubbornness and indecisiveness. They may also be manipulative and quite blunt with their words, not really caring about the feelings of others.

Hope this makes sense!

alienprincess

I would see this as a relationship slowly turning downward and the man in the relationship growing bitter / unhappy, wanting a breakup. From these cards alone, I would not say they will breakup.

In my previous relationship, The Lovers reversed came up as well. We were both unhappy in our relationship but still very much in love. We stayed together because we genuinely did care for one another, however, things were not the same as they once had been. Even though we loved each other, we were no longer getting along which caused us to part ways. We probably broke up about 3 months after I pulled that card though.

I think it honestly all depends and only they can know for sure. But the King of Swords rx seems pretty telling that one of them has already had enough... The King upright is composed but reversed, he's had it.

TinaV

Thank you for the advice. These cards didn't seem positive to me. I know that my friend's boyfriend has been withdrawing for no apparent reason, at least not to my friend. He is probably slowly moving away from the relationship without letting her know why.

As far as I know them, they seem loving towards each other, and he seems to genuinely care. They are not legally married, but they definitely have plans in that direction.

I do think that King of Swords rx represents him, and the Lovers rx an impending breakup because of him.

PAMUYA

Co-dependence, no choice. Being trapped in a relationship. Quite the opposite of a break up. The king may be a controling figure with this reversed lovers cards.

TinaV

Co-dependence, no choice. Being trapped in a relationship. Quite the opposite of a break up. The king may be a controling figure with this reversed lovers cards.

Maybe this is the feeling of the man then?

I would see this as a relationship slowly turning downward and the man in the relationship growing bitter / unhappy, wanting a breakup. From these cards alone, I would not say they will breakup.

In my previous relationship, The Lovers reversed came up as well. We were both unhappy in our relationship but still very much in love. We stayed together because we genuinely did care for one another, however, things were not the same as they once had been. Even though we loved each other, we were no longer getting along which caused us to part ways. We probably broke up about 3 months after I pulled that card though.

I think it honestly all depends and only they can know for sure. But the King of Swords rx seems pretty telling that one of them has already had enough... The King upright is composed but reversed, he's had it.

I do feel as if there is a breakup coming up. Maybe not right now, but in the near future?

May i ask if they are legally married?
King of swords rx is colder than upright and out of control.. he becomes a tyrant...so stubborn and cruel. In rx could mean a nasty divorce.
Lovers reversed is definetly break up as all the attraction we see in upright is gone.

Luckily, they're not married yet. It will probably be a nasty breakup then.

I'll try to take a crack at this. In my deck, the King of Swords is sort of a master when it comes to making deep and trustworthy decisions, decisions that are right for him. He's definitely not indecisive. He's also quite good at communicator. He has tact.

The Lovers usually represents a choice that has to be made. It's the 6th major arcana and 6 means balance. If it is reversed, it could mean that the relationship isn't balanced because a choice is not being made, or maybe even the wrong choice was made. This is further proven by the King of Swords Rx, which could represent someone in the relationship. If it represents a person, then it could mean that this person is causing the relationship to be imbalanced because of their stubbornness and indecisiveness. They may also be manipulative and quite blunt with their words, not really caring about the feelings of others.

Hope this makes sense!

I do agree with the notion that the King of Swords Rx represents the man in this relationship who is probably growing unhappy. I agree that Lovers Rx probably indicates an upcoming breakup. There is definitely an element of indecisiveness and stubbornness in the man. This is probably causing the relationship to go downward, but I don't feel as if my friend has any blame in this.

Mystica7

Well, "the outcome" in (of) a present relationship is not that clear cut. You don't end up separated just because you got a Lovers RX. Way more factors -on the interaction of the two- are involved. But if you are specifically asking if the relationship will lead to marriage, then Lovers RX is sure not a good sign.