Experiments with "Eye Rhythms" in the Dodal

Bernice

Just a visual impression at first look.

Two 'big guns' flank the centre card.
The centre Coins card has a flourishing flower at the top, whereas the sword-like leaf thing is at the bottom.
The Queen Swords is rather miffed that some exchange or bartering has won out over enforcement. She's having to curb herself.

Bee :)

Le Fanu

Herzog said:
When I look for eye rhymes and then suddenly find one, I am happy. In this current spread the rhyme jumps out in that single coin and how it appears again, centrally located in the nine. For me, there is no question these two are the same items and now it's a matter of understanding why the item has been wrapped and surrounded.
I think this a classic example of an Eye Rhythm telling us something. It just jumps out at us; the fact that the central Coin is the Ace Coin in another encarnation, at another point in the story.
moderndayruth said:
Also, i should focus more on the vegetation, it escapes me somehow...
:) I am beginning to see more and more that often the vines trace key parts of our narrative. The vines often tell the story, where they open, surround, close & enclose.

I also think that there is something "open" about the vines in the Ace here, whilst the vines in the nine, "suck" inwards, are closed and budded. The rhythm is like a pulsation of something open & expanding and then closed and tight (they can be buds shut tight at night, not necessarily in springtime!) Is this the expanding and compressing which Enrique Enriquez talks of?

Herzog

Le Fanu said:
I also think that there is something "open" about the vines in the Ace here, whilst the vines in the nine, "suck" inwards, are closed and budded. The rhythm is like a pulsation of something open & expanding and then closed and tight (they can be buds shut tight at night, not necessarily in springtime!) Is this the expanding and compressing which Enrique Enriquez talks of?

I'm no authority on this, but I believe the expansion/contraction refers to the pip numbers. A two followed by an eight would be a fast expanding rhythm. A nine followed by a three would suggest a rhythm that contracts rather quickly. But a six followed by a five would suggest a more subtle contraction.

You look for the overall rhythm of a spread first, noticing the numbers. Once this is established, then you consider the suit/elements and how they interact.

He explained this, and much more in his essay, "The Subtle Voice of Playing Cards"

Herzog

So in our current spread, from one coin to nine, we can see a exceptionally fast expansion. How this may be interpreted? Not sure... but it feels overwhelming like a sudden explosion.

It looks like if you were to film a bag of popcorn at a slow frame rate then play it back at normal speed; the effect would be very fast burst of popcorn with no warning.

Or I imagine those time-lapsed photography films of a bud to full grown flower in a couple of seconds

Le Fanu

Now that's interesting. Something else to take on board and put in my notebook. I always thought it was the rythms of the cards which conveyed expansion and compression.

But do you think these buds here are ready to burst open in flower or have closed up for the night? :) I'm torn on that one...

I was also thinking that the downward pointing bud on the nine (in fact, any bud) could be a sword/blade sheathed to balance with the Queen's drawn sword.

I was sitting up in bed looking at the cards and maybe a little tired :)

Herzog

If a bud falls into a reading I would interpret it as potential for Love or new Ideas or maybe Inspiration. It's a bud. A bud is potential growth for something beautiful. Flowers can be emotional issues. If I see a flower closing from one card to the next I would read that as pulling back emotionally, or maybe insecurity or how a shy person recoils. If a bud blooms into a flower from one card to the next, this might point to "new love" or a "new idea" or some "inspired thought" expressing itself.

Herzog

Maybe our Queen takes a trip to Las Vegas. She drops a coin -Ace- into a slot machine -Nine- and hits the jackpot :)

The obvious question becomes: why isn't she happy about this?

Le Fanu

Herzog said:
The obvious question becomes: why isn't she happy about this?
is the Queen of Swords ever happy? She doesn't strike me as the giggly girl type...

Herzog

Le Fanu said:
is the Queen of Swords ever happy? She doesn't strike me as the giggly girl type...

Exactly... but coupled with those two other cards, we can weave a tale about the widow who visits Las Vegas even after her husband has died because this was a ritual they used to do together throughout their marriage. And even though she is winning, the feeling just isn't the same without him around to share it with.

Just one of a thousand ways to read these cards

moderndayruth

Herzog said:
If a bud falls into a reading I would interpret it as potential for Love or new Ideas or maybe Inspiration. It's a bud. A bud is potential growth for something beautiful. Flowers can be emotional issues. If I see a flower closing from one card to the next I would read that as pulling back emotionally, or maybe insecurity or how a shy person recoils. If a bud blooms into a flower from one card to the next, this might point to "new love" or a "new idea" or some "inspired thought" expressing itself.
I enjoy reading your thoughts on vegetation! Thanks for sharing them!