The A. Nonny Mouse Promotional Tarot Deck: The Sequel!!!

Feretian

Alruna said:
(Anxiously thinks of poor little myce lost in a snow storm, in a foreign country...)
They are here!!! Safe and warm and dry and adorable!
I can't read the postmark, so I don't know where they have been, but the envelope was pristine; it doesn't look like they had a rough trip, just a very long one.

Bold face below are quotes from the last few postings, regular type is me...

As far as I know, the two decks will be raffled off to their very lucky new owners.

That's still the plan!

There was some talk way back when to take one of the Nonny Decks travelling (i.e. send it round to everyone who helped creating it so we all get a chance to try it out), but I'm not sure if this is a good idea after all. It would take at least another year (if we calculate about a week per person and take into account that many people contributed more than one card) until it had made its rounds...

General consensus is that the decks are too valuable to do this traveling bit. . . I wonder if the recipients of the decks might "loan" their originals to those who really really want to hold one in their hands...I suppose it depends on who "wins" them, and where they live...?

Other than that, all cards will be scanned (or have been scanned already), and those scans will be available for purchase so people could download and print out their own copy of the deck. Contributors get a free download, of course.

Do I remember this correctly?

Yes. :D

I've got part of the Nonny card case done now, in "spare" time from regular projects and a flare-up of my disease. As I understand it, the Nonny card case will be another raffle item.

Thank you so much! Yes, baba is donating two bags for the decks, and yours will be part of the "runners-up" prize.

I don't think I'll enter the raffle for fear I might win something because I'd feel very guilty about that, but otherwise I'd dearly love to have one of the decks myself. Who wouldn't? Maybe I'll see if someone will print me the pdf's since I don't have a printer if I reimburse them the cost.

I am entering the raffle in your name, Grizzy :D 'cause I don't want an original (I've had a year with them already!) and I know you won't enter. :heart: :* :D

Anyway, thanks so much to everyone who participated in this and Feretian and helpers for persevering till the end.

Which brings me to...
I have just been handed an enormous project by a professional association I unfortunately belong to. I'm also dealing with some professional and personal difficulties that are trying my patience and emotional stability. So I will not be able to deliver the deck by the Solstice as I had hoped. I am now looking at January or February. So many of you Myce have stepped in to speed this up...I am very grateful. Now I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in taking the project to it's final completion (with my help as needed of course). It would involve scanning the decks, formatting them, coordinating with AT to set up the download, that sort of thing. Thoughts, Myce?

Also, I don't think I can do the cards I so quickly snatched up weeks ago...so mine are up for grabs. Cat? Can you list what they were?

Also, Myss Furry Feretyean: Do we get any further peeks of these newer creations over in the Raffle thread? Will you show us a corner or two of your own mycetacular cards?

I'll try to get those up this week!

Feretian was also going to color my cards for me, whych would have improved them quite hugely. Hoping to see those too.

This I can do :D

Cat*

Feretian said:
They are here!!! Safe and warm and dry and adorable!
I can't read the postmark, so I don't know where they have been, but the envelope was pristine; it doesn't look like they had a rough trip, just a very long one.
Yay! :party: Lists updated accordingly.

Feretian said:
Anyway, thanks so much to everyone who participated in this and Feretian and helpers for persevering till the end.

Which brings me to...
I have just been handed an enormous project by a professional association I unfortunately belong to. I'm also dealing with some professional and personal difficulties that are trying my patience and emotional stability. So I will not be able to deliver the deck by the Solstice as I had hoped. I am now looking at January or February. So many of you Myce have stepped in to speed this up...I am very grateful. Now I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in taking the project to it's final completion (with my help as needed of course). It would involve scanning the decks, formatting them, coordinating with AT to set up the download, that sort of thing. Thoughts, Myce?
If our scanner wasn't so incredibly crappy, I'd crazily volunteer...

As it is, I'm afraid I don't have anything helpful to offer. :( Except my strict glances over the rim of my glasses, my list-making skills, and the willingness to PM the two people whose cards we're desperately missing... (which I will do right now).

Feretian said:
Also, I don't think I can do the cards I so quickly snatched up weeks ago...so mine are up for grabs. Cat? Can you list what they were?
What a pity! (((Feretian)))

Your cards were these:
- Wands: 9 (1x)
- Coins/Pents: Queens (2x)
- Swords: 8s (2x)

Any volunteers? Should we maybe alert people through the Subscriber Competition thread and announce there that we need another volunteer or two? I could use my post for tomorrow to do so if no one else is faster. :)

Myself, I could do the Eight of Swords. I still have enough blank cards, so I only need to sit down and draw. :)

I also updated the other posts in this thread that have lists in them, to account for the artistic opportunity that has thus just come into existence. Use it, folks, and become famous together with all of us! :)

All Is One

I would be happy to help, but I don't see what I can do! I'm hopeless with a scanner, so that's out. Whatever else I can do, please pm me.

As for the tyme line, I think we're all fine with waiting! What say ye, Myce?

Cat*

All Is One said:
As for the tyme line, I think we're all fine with waiting! What say ye, Myce?
Honestly? I'd like to see this project finished sometime soon. It's been going on for a year now and I'm afraid we're going to lose steam/enthusiasm if we keep dragging it on much longer.

That's just me, though. YMMV. :)

Aulruna

I'm glad the German mycies had a good trip (and maybe a little party detour, it would be just like them!).

My scanner is also very crappy (which is why I photgraphed my cards).

To be honest, I'm with Cat, I think we should get this ship ready to sail. This is for charity, after all, not just for fun - Nonny needs us!

Cat*

News! :)

I've heard back from Sebavin after my PM. Incredible busyness has kept her cards from being sent off so far. They are finished, however, and she has also been supplied with Feretian's address. Sebavin will drop by here to let us know as soon as the cards are on their way. Yay! :thumbsup:

I've also gone boldly ahead and posted a call for help with the remaining cards in both the Subscriber Competition (because so many people look into it every day) and the A. Nonny Mouse Package Center (for obvious reasons) threads. I hope we'll soon be swamped with willing, speedy, and reliable card creators! :D

My new mission is "Get Nonny her money! Soon!" ;)

I've also remembered that Feretian still needs two more LWB entries from me :| and thought I'd ask around if everybody else has sent theirs?

ETA: I've also found these cute little digital mousies: ~O8> :heart: <8O~ (<< Lovers mini version ;))

Sebavin

Yes, she had to poke me to see if I was still alive...just barely.

I'll let you know once I get them posted.

And will utilize the new mouse

:CS :WS<80~ :OS :SL

Magi mouse mini

Cat*

Myce! We've got ourselves a new project contributor! :) Please clap your paws and give a warm welcome to Equidies who will do the Queens of Pentacles for Nonny! :party:

So this is how our "to do" list looks right now:

- Nine of Wands (1x)
- Queen of Coins/Pentacles (2x) -- taken by Equidies :)
- Eight of Swords (2x) -- tentatively taken by Cat (unless anyone else wants it)

Sebavin said:
Yes, she had to poke me to see if I was still alive...just barely.
It's true. Here's the evidence:
Sebavin mouse: <8O~
Cat's poking stick: |
;)

One more Nine of Wands to go! You over there, behind that monitor screen - care to draw a mouse and nine sticks for eternal fame and a good cause?

gregory

Me do 9 wands :) Meow.

Cat*

Yay! The Mistress of Tracing has grabbed the Nine of Wands! :party: (And that after I just tried to convince oak_woman over in the Subscriber Competition that everyone could draw a mouse and nine sticks: ~O8> + ||||||||| ;))

(Speaking of tracing: Did I ever thank you for telling us of this method, gregory? It was invaluable in copying my card design onto more than one card!)

ALL REMAINING CARDS ARE TAKEN! All relevant lists are updated.

All Is One, I told Equidies to PM you about getting blank cards. Hope that was alright! (gregory, do you still have enough blank cards?)

So now we only need to hear back from rhombchick, write any missing LWB entries (< note to self!), and find someone to help out Feretian with the final stages of this project (as detailed in post #51 of this thread). :)