The Transparent Tarot

Sidhe-Ra

That is so lovely of you, deckster, thank you! :) I am honoured indeed.

I've been putting a few images together for the book, and I thought I might share some of them...

The main chunk I have left to write now is the section which gives ideas on how to use the cards- but I am overwhelmed by the possibilities! I'm sure that everyone who buys the decks will find new things to do with it, and that makes me very excited and pleased indeed.

Blessings,

Em xx

Attachments

• Past, present, future.jpg
    Past, present, future.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Filmstrip1.jpg
    Filmstrip1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Filmstrip2.jpg
    Filmstrip2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 124
  • filmstrip4.jpg
    filmstrip4.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 117
  • triple layers Celtic Cross.jpg
    triple layers Celtic Cross.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 134

rwcarter

Sidhe-Ra,

You have just blown my mind completely the f*** away!!!!!!! Filmstrip? Triple Celtic Cross? [size=+2]I MUST HAVE THESE CARDS NOW!!!!![/size] This deck is definitely going to take my tarot reading and study to a level that it never could have attained otherwise.

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! (doing my best Wayne's World impression)

With utmost respect,
Rodney

Sidhe-Ra

Rodney, you have made me chuckle! :D

Thank you for the respect and particularly for the Wayne's World treatment!

The fact is, there is SO much you can do with these cards! I hope people will explore them themselves when they have them, as I can only scratch the surface in the book.

Much love and blessings,

Em xx

Attachments

• chaos.jpg
    chaos.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 139

rwcarter

Your chaos picture gives me an idea for a tarot version of 52-card pickup. It will require an open floor space, but after shuffling the cards, you just throw them up in the air and read the groupings however they land.

I [size=+2]NEED[/size] to have these cards in my hands as soon as I possibly can. Can I be near the top of the list of people who get them first? Please? Pretty Please? Pretty Please with sugar on top? I'll be your best friend forever! I'll come and do your laundry, clean your house, cook meals for you and even walk your dog! :) Obviously, I'm not to proud to beg for this deck. :laugh:

I can't believe you don't have publishers fighting outside your door to get the honor of publishing this deck for you....

Rodney

Sidhe-Ra

Bless you, Rodney!

It IS being published- by Schiffer Books, next year.(Though you're right, it was something of a struggle to find a publisher brave enough).

And though you're very welcome to come and clean my house, (lord knows it needs doing), your best bet will be to pre-order it from Amazon as soon as it's advertised :)

Yes, I like your throwing them in the air idea- it would work well on a white sheet or tablecloth. That's the kind of creative method that I hope people will use, and what I wanted to illustrate with that image.

Thank you so much, again!

Love and blessings,

Em xx

rwcarter

Sidhe-Ra said:
Bless you, Rodney!

It IS being published- by Schiffer Books, next year.(Though you're right, it was something of a struggle to find a publisher brave enough).
Schiffer gets much love from me. I bet the other publishing houses are going to be kicking themselves when they see how successful this deck becomes.

There's a Jack-in-the-Box commercial on American TV now where everyone starting from the president/CEO of some company is asking down the chain of command, "Why didn't YOU think of that?" It ends with the lowly clerk who ends up asking his dog the same question as they're driving around in his car. You see the thought balloon over the dog's head saying, "I did. When we were out walking." or something like that.

I can see something similar happening at the other publishing houses with the person at the top demanding to know "Why didn't WE publish this?" as heads roll down the line.

Sidhe-Ra said:
And though you're very welcome to come and clean my house, (lord knows it needs doing), your best bet will be to pre-order it from Amazon as soon as it's advertised :)
I think this deck is quickly going to rise to the top of my list of favorite and most used decks. I'm definitely gonna have to pre-order 3 or 4 in order to have spares.

Sidhe-Ra said:
Yes, I like your throwing them in the air idea- it would work well on a white sheet or tablecloth. That's the kind of creative method that I hope people will use, and what I wanted to illustrate with that image.
I can also imagine using two copies of the deck together. For instance in the Triple Layer Celtic Cross, having the same image as part of two different composite images would be rather intriguing.

I really believe this is the deck that will demand that I read it intuitively right out of the box. I keep being drawn back to the images you've posted. Without even necessarily knowing what all the particular cards are in the composite images, I can already come up with multiple scenarios of what's going on/answers for different questions that might have been asked.

I want to thank you with complete sincerity for having the artistic vision to conceive this deck, the stamina to complete it and the fortitude to make sure that it gets published.

Rodney

Sidhe-Ra

Bless you thrice, Rodney!

Using more than one deck at a time would be MUCH fun. The same card appearing in different combinations could add further clarity to how the whole reading fitted together and what context different cards should be seen in.

Well, I'm going to have little lie down, then write some more...

I hope it is one that will be read intuitively- the first thing I ask people to do in the book is put the book down and play with the cards!

Blessings in abundance,

Em xxx

thorhammer

Sidhe-Ra said:
I hope it is one that will be read intuitively- the first thing I ask people to do in the book is put the book down and play with the cards!
No fear about that, Em, I think the images are so universal as to speak for themselves admirably.

And Rodney, I'll fight you for first. I warn you, I'm a hell-Kat! :)

Lots of creative orange and green vibes coming your way, Em! Keep it up!

\m/ Kat

lunafae

This is a nice looking deck, I like the fluidity of the artwork. You're talents never cease to amaze!!

rwcarter

thorhammer said:
And Rodney, I'll fight you for first. I warn you, I'm a hell-Kat! :)

\m/ Kat
Kat, let's compromise. You can be first in line as long as I get the first deck. :D I'll even let you have the next few before I get my second deck.

(Geography's never been my strong suit, but I'm pretty sure that you would make it to England to start the line at Sidhe-Ra's door before I would if we both left right now. So I gotta use some logical unlogic on you....:laugh:)

Rodney