Custom Deck?

BlitheNine

Curious if anyone knows where I can order a Rider-Waite Deck with a custom back? Or where I can find Rider-Waite with different back options? Really want to get something unique but stick to my favorite trusty Waite design. It would be awesome if I could also add gilded edges.

Thanks!

gregory

Given that USGames are still enforcing copyright, I'd say your chances were pretty much nil. There IS one with gilded edges - the "deluxe" one in a purple box - but it's hard to find, and there's no choice of backs. Your best bet would be to print your own very secretly... :shhh:

BlitheNine

Given that USGames are still enforcing copyright, I'd say your chances were pretty much nil. There IS one with gilded edges - the "deluxe" one in a purple box - but it's hard to find, and there's no choice of backs. Your best bet would be to print your own very secretly... :shhh:

Lol. thats not a bad idea... hmmm wonder where I could do something like that?

gregory

Kinkos ???

Yelell

I wish I knew how that worked because I'd like to have gamecrafter or something print a custom RWS deck for me as well but I doubt they'd do it over copyright concerns. Thing is, the seven stars deck of the bastard listing has a section that appears to say it is public domain now.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/121041...ga_search_query=deck bastard&ref=sr_gallery_5

Much debated, I know, but that deck hasn't been shut down.

gregory

It's not a USGames deck though :) And she may well have had access to a genuinely old one - which would make it OK.

Yelell

It's not a USGames deck though :) And she may well have had access to a genuinely old one - which would make it OK.
There are scans of genuinely old one online, and I wouldn't think the owners of those decks can recopyright those images just by owning them now, so that would be ok? How about the black and white line drawn ones on the old PKT?

Also I imagine there's a reason why the idiots guide RWS deck is a photocopy of the University version of the deck.

Yep, really wish I could have one printed myself too!

Aeric

The good news is that we only have until 2021 when the RWS copyright indisputably expires in all countries. You'll be able to print and colour and customize deck backs all you like then.

And, I'm sure, be able to pick up RWS toilet paper... <_<

Le Fanu

If it's just for private use - like, one copy - would that be considered an infringement?

Just curious - because I don't have a beautiful single copy of a Customised deck specially made for me (or anything)...