Silhouettes Tarot / Silhouettes Tarot Negative

rwcarter

So I caved and bought a set and I am not thrilled. I cannot connect to the deck, it came warped out of the packet, one card has a giant scratch over it, came like that and the laminate is coming up on one of the cards to the point where I have had to retire my deck, I am not willing to destroy something that cost me $60.
I love the art and the cardstock is good, the way the artist has interpreted some of the cards is amazing and the little white book isn't too bad. But Alas... at least now I own it and it can stop stalking me.
Contact the artist and see if she can replace the damaged cards.

mydearruby

Contact the artist and see if she can replace the damaged cards.

I contacted him (I believe it is actually a guy) and he had a lot of difficulty communicating in English. And I feel chances are low that he is going to do anything about it.

mad as a hatter

To anybody who has received defective or damaged merchandise: Did you pay with PayPal? I think the site says that's the only way they take money. If so, you can dispute the transaction with PayPal.

I'm looking at my PayPal home page and see in the lower left corner, under the heading that reads "More About the Account," there's a label that says "Resolve a Problem in Our Resolution Center."

I have not used the feature, but I know that it's there.

Good luck with it. It's always unpleasant dealing with this kind of stuff, so only you can decide the amount of money at stake makes it worthwhile. If you do choose to go ahead with this, you should move fast.

onlyaspanishgirl

My tarot recommended to me don't buy this deck. ;-)

MASA_September

So I caved and bought a set and I am not thrilled. I cannot connect to the deck, it came warped out of the packet, one card has a giant scratch over it, came like that and the laminate is coming up on one of the cards to the point where I have had to retire my deck, I am not willing to destroy something that cost me $60.
I love the art and the cardstock is good, the way the artist has interpreted some of the cards is amazing and the little white book isn't too bad. But Alas... at least now I own it and it can stop stalking me.

Hello
If the deck have quality problem. Please contact me via email or facebook. I will actively solve the problem.

Achlys

It's a gorgeous deck. The artwork is definitely very unique.
But idk I just can't really see myself using it.
It doesn't speak to me the same way a lot of my decks do.

Nemia

Achlys, I noticed that the Silhouettes now features on your ten favorite decks list! I'm really curious to know how that happened and how you like that deck. I have a weakness for silhouettes and while I find this deck very cute-cute-cute, I love the colors and find the silhouettes cleverly done. So I'm firmly on that fence.

That's why I'd love to hear your journey with the deck. Please... :)

Serenia

Concerning the quality of the cards, I'm a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned MASA September's cardstock update yet: in July I received an e-mail from him (and I assume he contacted all buyers of a 2nd edition deck) where he offered a replacement deck free of charge on premium quality cardstock. As I understand his e-mail, this applies to regular or signed 2nd edition decks delivered before April 1st.

I received mine today, but haven't had the time yet to unwrap it. If anyone is interested, I can try to describe the difference between the old and the new cardstock once I have opened my new deck.

Just wanted to mention this as I really appreciate his offer! He did listen to the complaints and did something about it! :)

(My guess would be that all decks ordered from his website from now on will have the improved cardstock. It's probably safer, though, to contact him and ask if the issue is really important to you.)

Achlys

Achlys, I noticed that the Silhouettes now features on your ten favorite decks list! I'm really curious to know how that happened and how you like that deck. I have a weakness for silhouettes and while I find this deck very cute-cute-cute, I love the colors and find the silhouettes cleverly done. So I'm firmly on that fence.

That's why I'd love to hear your journey with the deck. Please... :)

So my friend bought it for me.
I honestly thought I was going to absolutely hate it and then I decided to actually try using it. It was a gift, after all, and my friend insisted that I was going to like it. I told her absolutely not but that I'd give it a try.
And now I'm eating my words :laugh:
It reads wonderfully for me. Surprisingly I adore the Happy Squirrel card, too.
I honestly thought it would be too childish but the artwork surprisingly wasn't like I anticipated it would be. It has deeper levels than I originally thought it would and I didn't realize that until I had the cards in my hand.

I'm surprised about the complaints in this thread about the deck, however.
Have you checked your emails?
Another user in a group I'm in on Facebook posted that there was a defective batch but Masa sent out an email to give your address info again and he would send out a new one.
From what I've seen, anyone who's responded to that email was able to get a completely new copy with the proper card stock.

Tanga

My Word - well - I never heard of it until this thread - checked it out - loved it - and have just bought it.
Will give you an update when it's arrived. :) (fingers crossed for no dramas).