Sacred isle 78 card deck?

felicityk

And they even haven't not yet announced the release date, what if we have to wait for another year after purchasing T___T

It was just posted on Facebook that they are on track to release the full deck by the end of the month (July).

Felicity

BlueLotus

It was just posted on Facebook that they are on track to release the full deck by the end of the month (July).

Felicity

Thank you felicityk for this update. I am wondering if anyone is getting it anyway, since it must be the most expensive deck, at least that I have encountered for a while; I keep ordering/deleting it from my basket lol. I didn't even know I was trying to place a pre-order!!

Another issue is that I am not sure about the minors, but as for the majors, I had been drooling over these since the Majors-only deck was published a while back.

I guess I'll just have to wait a couple more weeks for someone to post their opinions about these cards.

felicityk

I'm getting the non-limited full deck for around 68 USD. I might not feel that all decks are worth that price, but this one is for me, so I honestly didn't hesitate.

Felicity

daphne

It looks beautiful. I am curious to see more cards.

shadowdancer

If you are able to obtain the app from fools dog you will see all the cards. Also an affordable way of owning the deck.

AJ

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to magic of Tarot ^^ and I'm quickly drawn to the Sacred Isle. But is it way too much expensive?
Other decks are around $20 or so, but this one is about $60
Is it really worth for a beginner?
And they even haven't not yet announced the release date, what if we have to wait for another year after purchasing T___T

Welcome to AT!
The deck is being self-published and they are nearly always more expensive.

There are 1000's of other decks, you'll never get them all ;)

Sunemi

Arrived today

I got mine today and just collected them from the post office. I have the non-limited edition. The black box that holds the cards was actually gift wrapped, and there was an extra Moon card together with a note. The cards have a relatively broad white border, the backs are white with a blue and black decoration (reversible).

My first impression of the images are that they are gorgeous, nice colours and clear imagery. I especially like Death and the Tower (very dramatic). 9 of Cups has a Benny Hill-vibe going.

Numbers are printed on the top and the suit/title at the bottom. Justice is 11 and Strength 8. The pages are all female. The cardstock is thin but seem to shuffle well. If you do not like the borders, all cards are easily identified and removing the borders and titles by trimming the deck would work well.

I paid 35.75 GBP for this deck and while it is a lot of money, for me it is worth it, just for the art. If it is a deck I can easily connect with and use for readings remains to be seen.

Morwenna

You know, I may hold off on this. I really wanted it when the majors-only was out and shown on the AT card site; but now it looks garish, the artwork looks less blended, the lines look too sharp. Just MO.

VGimlet

Very pleased with this deck, and I felt it was money well spent, although not as downright gorgeous as the majors, I do feel this is going to be a very usable deck - I would have even taken it with me this weekend when it was my annual card reading for the club. :)