Prisma Visions

The Happy Squirrel

It could almost be called Van Gogh tarot couldn't it :)
The continuous narrative picture format is such a brilliant idea :)

The Happy Squirrel

I like this deck, too. But isn't it exactly the same as his first deck, the Light Visions? The only difference is that this deck is colored in. Other than that, it looks the same.

That's what I thought :)

Aeric

It is a coloured version of Light Visions. But he intends this one to be an unlimited run with enough support. So if you are one of the 500 people with Light, consider yourself lucky.

Having said that, I feel both decks have advantages and disadvantages over each other.

The Happy Squirrel

But he intends this one to be an unlimited run with enough support.

Ah I thought so too. Glad to have some confirmation.

I actually prefer the coloured version (prisma) :) I have a lot of monochrome decks. But for some reason I prefer the colours for this one :)

thirdlibra

GILDED! He'll make gilded edges at $40k!!!!

Aeric

GILDED! He'll make gilded edges at $40k!!!!
Metallic silver edges, according to the email.

I actually wouldn't want those. I feel it would stand out from the dark, blue-black murky gloom of the background and be a bit too blingy. If it happens, I hope it's an option.

The Happy Squirrel

pickled pixie

I would soooo love this deck but with shipping it would just be crazy money what with import tax on top!! I wish I lived in the US all the decks I love seem to come from there *sigh* :(

w r e n

I fell in love with Light Visions the moment I saw it and was crushed when I found out I was too late to get my hands on it. I have been following the artist ever since hoping for the day he'd do more.
I wasn't very excited about Prisma Visions at first, but his use of color has really grown on me and I think I like it just as much now. As someone else said, they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

As for me, I threw my money at this kickstarter faster than anything and umm, I am definitely excited to see what else rolls out in terms of stretch goals… nwn

Nica

I passed my original Light Visions Tarot deck on to somebody who really wanted it, but managed to get one of the first 75 pledges for the Kickstarter. I think having this in color this time around will do for me what the black and white one did not do. The card stock was way too thick for me to shuffle with the original as well.

I am very excited!