Excerpts taken from The Diary of a Starseed Rebellion

sacredashes

PathWalker said:
My totem card - and like the others it is wonderful!
Thank you for sharing this journey with us
Pathwalker

Thank you... Welcome to Jahanam, PathWalker.. I hope you will enjoy your stay ;)

shadowdancer said:
Ash - I am still saddened at the fact there will be no Diary...

but..

having seen what you are now working on, I have fast forgiven you :D :D - you HAVE to bring this one into being and that is almost an order (in the nicest way obviously :D )

Having lost my breath at the 2 swords and now this Hermit it would be criminal for this not to see the light and come into being.

Brilliant

Davina

Still kinda hoping one day - when time is right etc the Diary does beckon you again. but having two of your decks out there potentially? Now that would seriously rock. Once there are a few more no doubt I will sit and let the words flow about the images again. Trying not to do that will be like trying to stem an incoming tide.

D... :*

But we ARE back in Jahanam! The Diary of a Starseed Rebellion is the sequel to The Diary of a Broken Soul. This time, we are stronger and we are the Starseed Rebels the Jahanamians trained to rise up against the Darkness... to claim Metanoia! The Diary continues. How cool is that???!!! :D

When I spent 4 months (Nov - Feb) trying to edit/re-edit DOABS and not getting anywhere near completion, it was a sign for me. The Diary was a need to resolve a lot of hidden issues but I felt stagnated walking the same road twice.

Feels like time to move from Inferno to Purgatory. This project that Sunshine and I are working on (not related to tarot) is something we are both excited about because from the very beginning since we talked about it, we knew it is a process of rehabilitation to break self-defeating habits. That was one of the reasons I gave up the option to reprint The Diary... I've walked that road before and I really want to see where this one will take me. :)

When I first created The Diary, I never planned to have it published. It was a journal that I kept because I've always felt "safer" keeping a picture journal rather than a written one. So perhaps someday, it will see the light of day again. Who knows? Let's see where this takes us and enjoy the sights along the way. Nikita from the 2 of Spades was a nice pit-stop, wasn't she?

I'm trying to rebuild my tower (looking back, it was more like a sand castle) and this a second chance at getting it right. I know where I'm going but I'll focus on one step at a time and savor everything that happens along the way as a blessing (even the ones that don't feel like it) :D

:* Btw, am glad you have forgiven me. I know you will be here breaking bread with me and the Jahanamians before each battle ;)

:heart:

MsRubyRain

How did I miss this thread?!?!

As always Ash, your artwork is stunning and so the journey continues...

I am in love with the temperence card!

Manda

Even though I am blessed to have the Majors only and the full 78 Diary of a Broken Soul, I too was disappointed that you wouldn't be reprinting it again at this time. But that disappointment didn't sting too much when I saw this thread. I am waiting, breathless :)

sacredashes

MsRubyRain said:
How did I miss this thread?!?!

As always Ash, your artwork is stunning and so the journey continues...

I am in love with the temperence card!

:* Thank you... I am glad you found this thread. It leads us right into the heart of a dustland fairytale.. ;)

Manda said:
Even though I am blessed to have the Majors only and the full 78 Diary of a Broken Soul, I too was disappointed that you wouldn't be reprinting it again at this time. But that disappointment didn't sting too much when I saw this thread. I am waiting, breathless :)

:D When the time is right, The Diary will be revived. For now, we'll test the outer limits of the inner realm and see where it takes us })

I return to bring news of Jahanam... you will soon see that there is nothing new I can offer you because they have been clear about that from the beginning. The Jahanamians do not offer answers, merely guide you to your own truth... and you will decide as to whether the rebellion is worth the effort at all. ;)

Into the stars I went, hot on the trail of the Priestess as she turned to light before my eyes. There are so many of them!

Have you ever felt stillness descend upon you?

In The Diary, my Soothsayer sits upon the Skull Mountain. He speaks to the giants who once walked the earth and though he listens to their messages that he may teach them to others... he is on a journey to experience everything he has learned. Thus, as the Soothsayer, he is fallible... his words may either be his truth or someone else's... who knows?

In the Starseed Rebellion, the Soothsayer discards the role of "teacher". I address him as the Hierophant... Guru... Master????... and there is no reaction from him. Shamelessly, I beg for morsels of his wisdom. :( I regurgitate praises, I bow and grovel, offer flattery... still he ignores me.

Who is he listening to??!!!! Quietly he whispers to me...

...The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a pattern of systems.

...Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning. Striking Thoughts: Bruce Lee's Wisdom for Daily Living (2000) edited by John Little

Each soul is a Master—though some do not remember their origins or their heritages. Yet each creates the situation and the circumstance for its own highest purpose and its own quickest remembering—in each moment called now.

Judge not, then, the karmic path walked by another. Envy not success, nor pity failure, for you know not what is success or failure in the soul’s reckoning. Call not a thing calamity, nor joyous event, until you decide, or witness, how it is used. For is a death a calamity if it saves the lives of thousands? And is a life a joyous event if it has caused nothing but grief? Yet
even this you should not judge, but keep always your own counsel, and allow others theirs.

This does not mean ignore a call for help, nor the urging of your own soul to work toward the change of some circumstance or condition. It does mean avoiding labels and judgment while you do whatever you do. For each circumstance is a gift, and in each experience is hidden a treasure.

There once was a soul who knew itself to be the light. This was a new soul, and so, anxious for experience. “I am the light,” it said. “I am the light.” Yet all the knowing of it and all the saying of it could not substitute for the experience of it. And in the realm from which this soul emerged, there was nothing but the light. Every soul was grand, every soul was magnificent,
and every soul shone with the brilliance of My awesome light. And so the little soul in question was as a candle in the sun.

In the midst of the grandest light—of which it was a part —it could not see itself, nor experience itself as Who and What it Really Is. Now it came to pass that this soul yearned and yearned to know itself. And so great was its
yearning that I one day said, “Do you know, Little One, what you must do to satisfy this yearning of yours?”

“Oh, what, God? What? I’ll do anything!” The little soul said.

“You must separate yourself from the rest of us,” I answered, “and then you must call upon yourself the darkness."

“What is the darkness, o Holy One?” the little soul asked.

“That which you are not,” I replied, and the soul understood.

And so this the soul did, removing itself from the All, yea, going even unto another realm. And in this realm the soul had the power to call into its experience all sorts of darkness. And this it did.

Yet in the midst of all the darkness did it cry out, “Father, Father, why hast Thou forsaken me?” Even as have you in your blackest times. Yet I have never forsaken you, but stand by you always, ready to remind you of Who You Really Are; ready, always ready, to call you home.

Therefore, be a light unto the darkness, and curse it not.

And forget not Who You Are in the moment of your encirclement by that which you are not. But do you praise to the creation, even as you seek to change it. And know that what you do in the time of your greatest trial can be your greatest triumph. For the experience you create is a statement of Who You Are-and Who You Want to Be.

I have told you this story—the parable of the little soul and the sun—so that you might better understand why the world is the way it is—and how it can change in an instant the moment everyone remembers the divine truth of their highest reality.

Now there are those who say that life is a school, and that these things which you observe and experience in your life are for your learning. I have addressed this before, and I tell you again:

You came into this life with nothing to learn—you have only to demonstrate what you already know. In the demonstration of it will you function it out, and create yourself anew, through your experience. Thus do you justify life, and give it purpose. Thus do you render it holy. - Conversations with God 1 by Neale Donald Walsh

;)

Attachments

• 5HierophantSMALL.jpg
    5HierophantSMALL.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 112

NikkiB

LOVING IT!!! xxxx

MsRubyRain

WOWIE! It just gets better and better!

NikkiB

I LOVE that hierophant! ok before I get into a state of foaming at the mouth and nervous twitching PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me you are considering publishing this as a sequal deck!!! Your artistic talent is amazing and so beautiful, having now for the 78 dairy I truly find it the most talented and beautiful deck out there. and I am lusting, desperate and demented for more lol!! xxxxx

shadowdancer

wow..... having guilty thoughts here at thinking he is a hottie :D :D

I could quite happily sit in the silence with him. He knows my answers may not be his answers, so what is the point of him speaking?

Very thought provoking. And he reminds me answers will not be instant. We expect that in this day and age. If we just pause and let things happen we learn so much more than if we try and force an issue.

Davina

Eyebright

Ash!!!!

I don't know how I have missed this thread for over a month but somehow I did!
I'm glad to see you back, and working on something so beautiful. :heart:
I have loved all the images you have posted so far, truly breathtaking.

I missed out on the diary, but I will be with you all the way on this journey of yours. Looking forward to seeing where we will stop next :)

Eyebright :heart:

sacredashes

The Devil

I Spy with my EYE... all sorts of offenses that lodged itself in my heart, wounding it so deeply I had to cut it out to stop the bleeding.

Desiderata

-- written by Max Ehrmann in the 1920s --

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Dear Friends,

I am glad to see you are still with me. Keep me companybecause the journey will be long and arduous... It helps to know I do not walk alone :heart:

Ash

ETA: This card reminds me of my angel with the broken wings; and a broken heart that is slow to mend as well. Let's hope time really does heal all wounds. What are scars but trophies that remind us that we survived the worst of it? :p

Attachments

• 15TheDevilSMALL.jpg
    15TheDevilSMALL.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 120