EEK Cockroaches!!!

Debra

Oh boy. This is gonna take some getting used to.

I hate to spit in the soup so to speak, but would you mind giving links for the sources for your lil' cockroach tidbits? :heart:

nicky

Debra,

So far wikipedia is my go to source on the info - as everyone knows - if you can find it on the internet it has to be true!

:heart: HUGS

silentcitadel

Excellent!

Suggestion:
To do this really well, you must think more like a roach:
For the ace of cups, consider a dirty glass instead of a golden chalice.

The Death card = A box of Borax.

I think this is the way to go.
And for the record, I love this idea. Like, a LOT. I <3 bugs.

And ... uh... this might be a little weird, but if you want to do analog in stead of digitally manipulated images- I collect insects, and I have a beautiful preserved roach you're welcome to put little overcoats and spats on, or pose with a monopoly dog (fool?) he's sterile and collected from a natural insect preserve- bred for scientific observation and not harvested illegally. I haven't mounted him yet, so he's still sealed in his little package and everything. :)
yep, I'm a strange cat. But if you're making a deck all about roaches, dare I say you must be too! lol!

prudence

I LOVE OnePotato's idea of filthy cups!!!!!!

If you're going to stick with clothing and wigs for the cockroaches, I was thinking having their own dirty little parasites would be fun, like little fleas/lice crawling around in their wigs (not cockroaches though)....and if there is some way to incorporate a bed into some cards, well, surely they'd be full of bedbugs, right?

Okay, getting all creepy crawly again...must stop thinking about these details.

Mewt

Roaches! Awesome...

Ok, first of all, I love the idea. Yes, I agree that even they have something to teach. the pictures look fine, the only thing i would suggest, would be to darken the Roaches some, as they look bright and clean. I also agree that you should try to look through the eyes of a roach. Dirty things would give an ew factor, but would show them in their natural habitat as well. They are scavengers and that is why they have lasted this long. Not only that but they have a resistance like no other. All in all, I'll be watching the progress of this WIP. Good Luck!

Also, I don't think them wearing clothes would be for this deck, as you see one run across the floor wearing sneakers and a hat do you? If your answer is yes to that then I want a picture, lol. Now about the name? Roach Deck. Simple as that....

starlightexp

Mulling over One Potato's fine suggestion I have an idea for the 3 of Cups ... will have to work out some rough edges but thank you so much for the inspiration!

PS- fun cockroach tidbit:
Female cockroaches are sometimes seen carrying egg cases on the end of their abdomen; the egg case of the German cockroach holds about 30 to 40 long, thin eggs, packed like frankfurters in the case called an ootheca.

I LOVE this card!!

Debra

Starlight, would you be happy to draw this card in a reading? :bugeyed:

I'm beginning to see a problem *no no bad attitude* I mean "challenge" here. For reading and meditation.

It might be difficult to see the good side of these icky disgusting vermin *no no bad attitude* I mean most ubiquitous of nature's wondrous creatures. Even harder than finding the upside to zombies and vampires.

prudence

Mulling over One Potato's fine suggestion I have an idea for the 3 of Cups ... will have to work out some rough edges but thank you so much for the inspiration!

PS- fun cockroach tidbit:
Female cockroaches are sometimes seen carrying egg cases on the end of their abdomen; the egg case of the German cockroach holds about 30 to 40 long, thin eggs, packed like frankfurters in the case called an ootheca.

Oh shit, how did I not click on this earlier???

Oh, that is fabulous!!! The only thing I could see that might be "missing" is shrimp...like it's a shrimp cocktail that they are celebrating in, but the shrimp need to have some green coloration on them to show decay.

Blech.

gregory

Excellent three !

But about the filth. Do we actually KNOW that they prefer filth ?

Are we being DISCRIMINATORY here ? Cos I once lived in an apartment block that was OVERRUN with cockroaches - it was even fumigated regularly, and we all kept things sparkling clean, in the hope that...

They seemed pleased. I swear they liked it.
I think someone needs to get out there and do a poll of cockroaches. I assume they will form part of your customer base, and you need to keep them happy :D

BrightEye

Excellent three !

But about the filth. Do we actually KNOW that they prefer filth ?

Are we being DISCRIMINATORY here ? Cos I once lived in an apartment block that was OVERRUN with cockroaches - it was even fumigated regularly, and we all kept things sparkling clean, in the hope that...

They seemed pleased. I swear they liked it.
I think someone needs to get out there and do a poll of cockroaches. I assume they will form part of your customer base, and you need to keep them happy :D

Have been in similar situation and have been told they like it clean! Seriously.