Toon Tarot Majors

Tomsde

Toon Tarot Majors-The Moon XVIII

I decided to jump around a bit, I was inspired to do some of the other cards of the Major Arcana and not necessarily do them in the order in the deck. The Moon is full of mystery, romance, but watch out for unforseen obstacles.

Coming soon, the Sun!

Attachments

• The-Moon-XVIII-web.jpg
    The-Moon-XVIII-web.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 101

Disa

awe. I love it. What a sweet card...the better to eat you with my dear..I do see "something" hidden :)

Alta

wow, what a good effect with the light, eerie. haha, I just saw the monster in the background, didn't get that the first time as I was so taken with the moonlight. :) Glad you are keeping the 'slight cross eyed' theme, makes me smile every time.

As you are doing this next, I always like to see what an artist does with the Sun card. To me it is full of meaning but so many can't seem to get past the bright shininess of it and make it almost boring. Somehow I have confidence in you for this one.

Tomsde

Major Arcana Card XIX The Sun

Here's my Sun card, it's a bit of a contrast from the Moon.

Attachments

• The-Sun-XIX-webjpg.jpg
    The-Sun-XIX-webjpg.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 101

Espirito

Very very nice!

I don't like the chariot card, but i like the rest very much! :)

Keep going! :D

Tomsde

Thanks for you input, I'm glad you like the deck so far. its only natural that one would connect with the certain cards more than other. I've been trying to do something different so I don't end up with just another RWS clone.

tarotlyn

:heart::) Tomsde...i just took the time to read through your thread and look at all the cards
you have created and i have to say this deck is so refreshingly 'GOOD'...i LOVE it...it's adorable!

i love all of the detail and the humor you are putting into each card...very nice and your
style is quite unique.

Since your cards are so perfectly detailed, i am wondering if you know (or if you want to know) the following:

i found that the bottom card titles, (except your moon card), the text is not perfectly centered,
but is shifted slightly to the right a little too much. i think the shift is equivalent to about
1/2 character's worth on some of the cards.

Probably i noticed this because i really had a time of it with my own decks...yikes! :bugeyed:
...hon, if this doesn't matter...please do ignore me :p

Other than that, they are so cute and perfect. You've done a really nice job so far :thumbsup:

:heart: Hugs and good luck with the rest of your deck :)
Lyn

baylys

This deck is FANTASTIC!!!! I want, I want, I want. Definitely going to watch this thread and see where it goes.

Tomsde

Thanks for your thoughts, its a work in progress. Titling may be revised at a later stage as I'm not sure this is the final font selection. If the font is changed it will naturally affect centering as well. I have used guides in Photoshop to align things but have found that some inexact centering relative the entire composition actually looks better to my eye than rigidly centering to the exact middle of the cards.

tarotlyn

Thanks for your thoughts, its a work in progress. Titling may be revised at a later stage as I'm not sure this is the final font selection. If the font is changed it will naturally affect centering as well. I have used guides in Photoshop to align things but have found that some inexact centering relative the entire composition actually looks better to my eye than rigidly centering to the exact middle of the cards.
:laugh: Oh, i know, my eyes are very similar to your's then...i have had more trouble with that
centering titles stuff, and you are right, it does make it more rigid.

i do really like the simple way you have put the titles at the bottom. i understand about perhaps
wanting to change the font, as i love fancy fonts. But what you are doing with it now, is very nice
and not distracting at all from your images. i really like it.

Did i mention that you are capturing the 'mood' and 'feeling' of each tarot card? Nice work!
I especially love your little lamb hiding behind the rock (LOL), and your strength card is so sweet...
...and your moon card...LOL...the hidden monster...love it! this will be a great reading deck! :):thumbsup:

:heart: Lyn