Chat du Marseille/Cat of the Marseilles Tarot

Major Tom

I'm looking forward to seeing them too. :)

I know you've done your homework with them. ;)

Chronata

Man...I haven't even seen them yet...and I know I have to have one!

I think the problems with color really come down to what you want to do. Obviously the historical decks differ in colors because someone decided one color would be better over another...I'm sure no one will scream too much if you decide that as well!

But even if they are not in color...I want a deck anyway!

WolfyJames

Well well well... do you have any scans yet, so that we can dream a little?

HudsonGray

The LWB was just finished up today so I'm ready to go to the printer on this one shortly.

Wolfy, I PM'd you.

HudsonGray

After an unexpected delay (software related), the deck went to the printers on Wednesday. It's Easter weekend & I think they're closed on Sat & Sun, but I should be hearing from them on Monday.

I'll keep this post updated.

HudsonGray

Ahh! The owner didn't see the CD disk in his in-box till today, he said the decks would be done by Thursday though. We changed the paper weight from 90 pound to 110 pound, but it'll still be in white with black ink. Getting the deck done in color would run three times the estimated cost so I'm going with another black & white deck here. Print run is 120 decks. Maybe that's low, but we'll see how they go. I can always have a second run done if necessary.

So today I took the originals for the LWB over to Office Depot & had them run off 150 double sided copies ($9.60) and spent an hour and a half cutting, folding, stapling & trimming with the paper cutter. Didn't screw up a one, either! All the booklets are finished (they look so CUTE!) and in a zip lock bag waiting for the decks.

The fabric pouches haven't been started yet because I want to see how thick the stack of cards actually is, and make the pouches to size for them. I've also got to pick up some 1/8" ribbon for tying the cards together in a stack, same way I did with the Ferret Tarot.

This will be a low cost deck, so think bargain! I'm really happy with how the art turned out. (Now I can concentrate on the OTHER cat deck! My official one!).

baba-prague

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Will you put up pictures of the whole set? It sounds good!

HudsonGray

Steve's revamping my website completely in the next month so the cards can go up over there easily. He's got one project to finish before he can get to the computer stuff, but I'm pushing him to get the site redone by end of May or so.

HudsonGray

Well folks, I'd like to say I have decks available....I did pick the box up today but it wasn't the owner or the main guy who did the cutting. The cards were all mixed up so I took them home, sorted them into piles & saw that the piles made three rows of stacks of different heights....

Instead of 120 cards of each picture, the guy who did the cutting (and the cutting is excellent, nice & square) obviously messed up & grabbed 'extra' to fill things in, not realizing that the cards run sequentially.

I have a total of 19 sets that are complete. There's need of 101 more cover cards and 20 each of cards 1 through 8 to complete the rest. They did give me enough to make 19 more sets, so I could have a total of 139 decks but I've got to take the figures & the disk back to the printer tomorrow to get this fixed. (Technically there's 20 more sets of cards 9 through 15 but I'm not going to try getting sets matching for both ends on those).

What I DO have of them here look good. The art came out real crisp & clear, and the back image is reversible. They do make a thin pack, being only majors, but that's par for the course. Now I have the official size & height, I can start making pouches for them. I've seen these images so often I think I could draw them from scratch if I needed to! Boy, they'd look cute in color. I keep thinking that!

Chronata

oh wow...that has to be really frustrating...and a strange unforseen problem too.
If there is an upside to this...its that you are helping all the rest of us here on AT who plan to self-publish by showing us the entire process, and all the things that can happen along the way that we may not have previously been aware of.

I for one, thank you for that!

And I really really want a set when you are ready to sell them!

Are you ready to take orders yet? Maybe on one of those 19 decks that you currently have? :)

Not that I am impatient or nothing....