Chat du Marseille/Cat of the Marseilles Tarot

Astraea

I put my check in the mail this morning, HudsonGray. Am really looking forward to seeing the deck!

Laura Borealis

I've sent an email... I discovered that I need a dead parakeet, too! :D

HudsonGray

Now THAT post is going to confuse people!

(Yes, I have dead parakeets and dead sparrows....come see my website, they're under 'catnip toys').

Astraea

My deck just arrived, and it is fabulous! The cards are dear, humorous, beautifully rendered and completely readable, and they are nestled in a lovely hand-sewn bag. Thank you, HudsonGray, thank you!

Laura Borealis

I got my Chat du Marseille today. I love it! This is my first Marseille (but not my last -- fret not, ye traditionalists). I am delighted with the art. I haven't decided yet if I will color it.

My cats love the catnip toy. I really appreciate the extra bag of catnip, too -- I had to dip into it to stop the cats from fighting over the parakeet. :D Now they are all sacked out, sleeping off their buzz. Potent stuff!

Thank you HudsonGray! :)

hedgecub

I would just like to say that if you are into Marseilles decks, feline decks, or are a deck collector of any sort, you would have to be absolutely insane not to get this deck. *nods firmly*

The artwork is black and white, pen and ink style, and very cute. *purrs happily* The major downside is that it's been printed on thin, unlaminated card; however, the printing has been well done (it looks like good laser printer quality) and the cards have been very nicely cut.

It comes in a lovely, handmade, lined cloth pouch. The lining is cotton fabric with a lavender and burgundy print, and the outside is a soft corduroy in a brown and tan floral print. I think it goes wonderfully with the deck.

At $8 per deck (including shipping, even to the UK), it is well worth it, even if you're only getting the deck to add to your collection. If you're into Marseilles decks or are a cat fan, order several ;)

I'm thinking of getting another set so I can keep one as a collector's item, and colour and laminate the other one for readings. It must be said that the thin cardstock means it'll laminate easily :)

HudsonGray, you rock :D

M-Press

Oh, I finally got mine!!!!
Really nice!

The deck is sooooooo sweeet, and it looks really "normal" with the cats in it (and please note, i'm not a cat person...)
their faces totally crack me, alas that Justice!
I like that they are small, so they can fit in my bag, but I would be happy to see them double the size as well. They would become more regal then I guess... and they totally deserve a grander treatment, in oppose to modest?

I also find that my favorite pouches in the world, are made by Hudson Grey...! :)

As usually, I totally admire Hudson's smart efficiency ...between her thinking and doing, there seem to be no gaps!

Bravo-Blessings!!!

HudsonGray

Wait'll you guys see the next cat deck I'm in the process of working on...though that'll probably take a year to finish, it's only in the pencil sketch phase right now. It's Rider Waite based, MAYBE in color (depends, not sure yet), and the cards will all have backgrounds, which the Ferret Tarot didn't always have.

My website is in the process of being updated, Steve had to take time off to fix his folk's computer (they got the sasser virus) and a friend's computer (for cash), so my update got pushed to the back for a while. The Chat du Marseille cards will be up when it goes live with the new stuff.

Astraea

I'm drooling already!

hedgecub

Mrrowlprrrrrrrr!

Another cat deck! :D *nuzzles HudsonGray ecstatically* Consider me on the pre-pre-order list ;)