2007 Tarot Lover's Calendar Cover Contest

Major Tom

I am holding a contest to design the cover for the 2007 edition of the Tarot Lover's Calendar. The winning design will be used as the cover and the winning designer will get a free copy of the calendar.

The rules:

1. Contest open to all members of the Aeclectic Tarot Forums.
2. Original designs must be A4 size, that is, 210X297mm or 805X1170 pixels for electronically produced work as a minimum. Larger works may be submitted for reduction to A4 size.
3. Artwork must be black & white or greyscale. Please note however that the calendar will be printed on 'off-white' paper similar to the 2006 edition.
4. All entries must be scanned and reduced to 240X350 pixels for submission to me by email. You may also post your entry as an attachment (or as a link to your entry for non-subscribers) to this thread for comment by other members.
5. All entries must include the words "Tarot Lover's Calendar 2007" and "Supported by Aeclectic Tarot".
6. To enter - please send me an email via the link below in the first instance and I will reply with the email address you will need for your submission.
7. All entries with be judged by myself and my partner Jane. Our decision is final.
8. All entries must be received no later than 31 March 2006.

Good luck. :)

Rhiannon

I love this idea! I can't wait to see the submissions! :D

baba-prague

Tom, this is a brilliant idea and I am really looking forward to seeing the entries. We are behind this year (still catching up from a difficult autumn) so we probably won't enter - but I bet you'll get some fantastic designs from the people here. Please let us see them when you can!

raheli

> Hi there,
> I was just wiondering do you prefer the images to be of the lovers or did
> i miss the gist of the calender?
> Also will the cover be a photographic reproduction, because my work is 3d
> paper illustration and it can be printed in B&W if it's not press
> printing.
> thanks
> r.

(posted after emailing for everyone's benefit :) )

Major Tom

raheli said:
I was just wiondering do you prefer the images to be of the lovers or did
i miss the gist of the calender?

I have not specified any specific image for the 2007 cover. Previous covers have featured The Lovers but no one has to use it.

raheli said:
Also will the cover be a photographic reproduction, because my work is 3d paper illustration and it can be printed in B&W if it's not press
printing.

The whole calendar is printed on a digital printer. Photographs have reproduced very well. Thanks for repeating your email questions here. I look forward to seeing your work. :)

Rhiannon - Are you tempted to have a go yourself? ;)

Baba - Thanks. I expect you're right in that there'll be some fantastic designs. Aeclectic artists are some of the most talented in the world. :)

baba-prague

Tom,

Do you plan to show all the entries or just the winning one? I'm curious :)

Sidhe-Ra

I agree it is a great idea, but I am slightly confused, having looked at previous covers. Do you wish the design to be a collage of existing decks, or an original image?

Blessings,

Em

Major Tom

baba-prague said:
Do you plan to show all the entries or just the winning one?

I only plan to show the winning entry. It is up to the individual artist whether or not they wish to share their entry here. I have already received entries.

Sidhe-Ra said:
Do you wish the design to be a collage of existing decks, or an original image?

I would expect an original image. The 2007 cover need owe nothing to previous years' covers.

jmd

wellllll.....

here's mine:

Attachments

• Calendar-2007.jpg
    Calendar-2007.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 207

baba-prague

jmd said:
wellllll.....

here's mine:

I think this is in the wrong thread JMD - isn't it supposed to be in the "self portrait in your deck" discussion?