Symbolical paintings of LANGUSTL

Langustl

Hi !

Well, i spoke about showing my symbolical paintings. This is the first. It´s an older one, "Der vierte Fisch", what means "the fourth fish".

It is related to the Four of Cups ore the Four of Coins in connection with love. Water and fishes in my paintings always mean feelings, love and how this becomes material. Three fishes are a nice number for love. Together with communication (three birds) it is avery happy thing, like the Three of Cups. But the Four and love together includes the danger of loosing the flowing. This means the fourth fish. And so love, what was a thing of heaven before, could be dominated by walls and dark, mighty aspects. We are afraid to loose our love, we´re getting jealous and all this.....thanks for reading and interest ;)
:love:

DER VIERTE FISH: http://www.langustl.de/bildergross/088derviertefischg.html

Debra

Why am I always the first to say "hallo"?

I like it. I looked around, too...I like the Alchemist and the Universe the best!

Langustl

Thanks, Debra.

These newer paintings are the kind of things, I want to do. There I try to concentrate what I discover about how things work in the world. I also take more time for painting now and for working out. This kind of painting I started with Nr. 75. There are two elements called, air and earth. The Tarot came with Nr. 87, what is obvious. So this newer things are really more interesting, I guess.

Langustl

Langustl-colour-circle

For you an explanation, Debra.

The "Königin der Nacht" (Queen of the night), what you maybe don´t like, does not want to gloryfie sexuality. It just shows, how we sometimes intentionly meet with subjects, that lead us to a higher consciousness about things, we want or not. The devil´s horns in the painting show, that we don´t really want to have that and it´s a tarot-content, that Temperance helps us to meet the devil, without being in danger. That´s just a short explanation, but I don´t want to show that painting here.

What I really wanted is showing you my colour-circle. You find the engish explanation on the page.

LANGUSTL-COLOUR-CIRCLE: http://www.langustl.de/bildergross/langustl_colour_circle.html
:love: Love to the world

Debra

I found her and I understand better now. There are those cups again! Temperance is always a problem for me! The color circle is interesting. I need to think about it more. You are a mystic, I think! :)

OnePotato

Wow, Langustl, these are really great!!

It's very interesting to see how painting a tarot deck has transformed your work into something with a huge depth of "message".

It looks like you are taking the basic archetypal building blocks that the tarot is built from, and reassembling them into new constructions with new "stories."

This is fabulous. A good example of the non-verbal communication aspects of tarot brought into sharp focus by going beyond the basic card structure. This is what art provides, that language alone cannot. I believe this method of communication is the reason tarot cards were conceived as an "image", rather than a "sentence". I've tried to speak of this a couple of times before, but I got nowhere. Now, here it is in actual practice.

Take a bow, Maestro Langustl!

Langustl

Hi OnePotatoe !

Thank you for all these kind words :), especially for the "Maestro" ! Sorry for letting you wait with the answer.

This is a new painting of mine. It is called "Vier Elemente" and shows the four elements, how I think they are structured and put together. That´s the structure I find in Tarot. I hope you like it .

VIER ELEMENTE: http://www.langustl.de/bildergross/095vierelementeg.html

Langustl

Hi!

I got a new painting. It is called "Das Rad bricht", what means "the wheel brakes". This is a connection to the wheel of fortune. The painting shows, that we can brake this old wheel of destiny, if we look on the principals our parents show us. These are the same principals, we can find in our selves. Our job is now, to connect this polarities and get an integration of both. The pair in the front got a new mix of these principals. As a new pair they can make the step out of the old circles. The child in the moonlight in the back means the childhood the two in the front are looking at. I hope you like it ;) .

DAS RAD BRICHT: http://www.langustl.de/bildergross/096dasradbrichtg.html

Debra

Here is a poem, famous in English, by Philip Larkin. It's the other side of what you're saying. The idea is that what your parents teach you TIE you to the "wheel," and it grinds you down. It has a "bad word" in it so I've changed that word only. I think you might find it translated into German somewhere. The name of the poem is "This Be the Verse"

Philip Larkin - This Be The Verse

They f*ck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were f*cked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.

http://www.artofeurope.com/larkin/lar2.htm

Debra

PS I like in your painting that everyone is a "star" for himself--everyone his own savior.