A common front against copyright infringement

FaireMaiden

GlamourPuss15 (the name of the seller on eBay)... Do not pass 'Go'... Do not collect '$200-dollars'... Instead, go directly to the blackboard and write 1,000 times:

"I have been busted at the border with a contraband lack-of-integrity and will forever now be known as a thief lest I change my ways"...

In other words, pull your head out of your shame-filled, greedy little ass and start behaving like a human being instead of a, 'gee-look-at-the-bucks-I-can-make-off-the-sweat-of-others' parasite that you now are...

Edited-To-Add: Geez... what a mess... Have added the "15" to the name as it is listed on eBay and, for anyone wondering, no, I didn't know there was a 'GlamourPuss' here on AT... I thought everyone would know to whom I was referring from actually, er, READING the frigging thread, as well as my not inconspicuous post opening of---> "GlamourPuss (the name of the seller on eBay)"...

firemaiden

Whoever it is has a huge tarot collection...

starrystarrynight

The Internet makes it so easy...if you notice, this seller also has listed collections of other types of photos and images. I would question the copyright legitimacy of those, as well.

She must be aware of copyright law...but if she wasn't, I guess she is now. I hope she does the right thing now.

Elven

Is is worth listing the decks which are on the disc for Tarot creators to see if their deck is one on the list?

Major Tom

cirom - Thanks very much for bringing this matter to our attention. I agree with you wholeheartedly that vigilence is the answer. I'll certainly be keeping my eyes open. This board is an excellent place to coordinate our efforts to combat and eradicate this type of behaviour.

I'm feeling very relieved that my work does not appear on this disk but would persue the various remedies mentioned should it ever do so.

Sidhe-Ra

I just misread that as 'violence is the answer'!!!

Couldn't agree more ;)

Well, nicking images and posting them on sites is one thing. So long as I'm credited it's good exposure and I don't mind. Nicking work and SELLING it? Before the poor bloody deck's even been published?

What you may not know is that my soon-to-be-husband is a rather big London lawyer. We'll look into this...

And yes- a network of vigilante, I mean vigilant, artists is what we need!

Blessings,

Em x

Sidhe-Ra

FaireMaiden said:
GlamourPuss... Do not pass 'Go'... Do not collect '$200-dollars'... Instead, go directly to the blackboard and write 1,000 times:

"I have been busted at the border with a contraband lack-of-integrity and will forever now be known as a thief lest I change my ways"...

In other words, pull your head out of your shame-filled, greedy little ass and start behaving like a human being instead of a, 'gee-look-at-the-bucks-I-can-make-off-the-sweat-of-others' parasite that you now are...

Interesting- what makes you think it's GlamourPuss?

Elven

Sidhe-Ra said:
Interesting- what makes you think it's GlamourPuss?

This is the advertisement on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/100-TAROT-CARD-...yZ102521QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gregory received a list of the decks and yours in on there too.

Another selller stopped their auction: "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing" The seller is kodi987 - Seller from the UK. This CD had 5000 pictures.
http://cgi.ebay.com/5-000-Tarot-Car...ewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122#ebayphotohosting