Your own quirks, peculiarities, and habits...

celticnoodle

Griz reminded me of another habit that I have. I LOVE to put my cards back into order. I do this all the time. Yes, it does take time to mix them all up again, but I can't help that. I use to do that also with my playing cards as a kid. I like things orderly (not that you'd be able to tell this by the way my house looks, but hey, that's another story...) and this is one thing I like to do. :laugh:

danieljuk

I often hold my deck to my heart chakra during shuffling at some point

MysticMoonlight

I do this as well, danieljuk :) I hold it to my heart and even give some of my decks a quick kiss before putting them away! I'm quirky alright, lol.

Lizbeth

Haaa, I also tend to put the deck back in order. It just helps me feel I "reset" it that way, plus I've been able to learn the order of the Major Arcana that way. lol
Another quirk is that after shuffling, I cut with my right hand and reassemble the deck back with the left. But... I think that's about it....

celticnoodle

Haaa, I also tend to put the deck back in order. It just helps me feel I "reset" it that way, plus I've been able to learn the order of the Major Arcana that way.

Yes! I think that is why I do it too. It 'resets' it. :D

RunningWild

I'm another one that often puts the cards back in order to "reset" them. Also, my table space has to be clean. Some might consider that a given, but I mean, I can't have any extras sitting there. No books, no stray pieces of paper, no pens. Nothing but the table with my netbook and the phone set off to one side. I don't have a reading cloth or a table cloth so I clean it and then use furniture polish on it. It's probably just an extension of other things I do these days. On occasion the whole house smells like bleach, too. :laugh:

Calcifer

...and another one of mine came to mind: whenever possible, I try to face north while reading. Again, I really cannot recall where I picked it up - but I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. Is there any "tarot lore" concerning this ?

Michael

lalalibra

Oh, I do this too!! :)

I've seen another reader do the same thing, but with her third eye chakra. I actually tried that myself, and I felt a lot of pressure there. It was interesting!

celticnoodle

...and another one of mine came to mind: whenever possible, I try to face north while reading. Again, I really cannot recall where I picked it up - but I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. Is there any "tarot lore" concerning this ?

Michael
interesting! I'd like to know if there is any tarot lore about this myself. hope someone out there can help out here.

I've seen another reader do the same thing, but with her third eye chakra. I actually tried that myself, and I felt a lot of pressure there. It was interesting!
Another thing that I think is interesting. When I read Daniel's post saying he does this, I thought it sounded really sweet and I began to wonder if anyone did this with the 3rd eye too. Then, your post! :) I should try it. I actually have a reading to do for someone, its due by Friday--so perhaps I'll try this when I start her reading today. If it works out well, I'll come back here and update.

GlitterNova

I do this as well if I want to clear my head. I've also used a particularly comforting deck if I'm stressed or have a headache. I can't say if it works or not but it certainly doesn't hurt.