DECK OF THE MONTH: OCTOBER

merissa_88

Hi everyone!

Theme TBA (if anyone has an idea, let me know)

Please feel free to join me and I'll add your name, deck, and "project" for the month!

Feel free to post readings in this forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=195268

WELCOME!

Please post a comment to include the deck or decks you will be focusing on this month (feel free to join in at any point in the month).

Please feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns and advice inquiries in this thread. It belongs to all of us!

Most importantly, have fun!

*** WHEN POSTING ABOUT YOUR DECKS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE POST THE NAME OF YOUR DECK(S) THAT YOU ARE USING ON THE "TITLE" LINE FOR EASY REFERENCE***

merissa_88: Motherpeace Tarot
Rose Lalonde: TdM Pierre Madenié
Southerngem65: Paulina Tarot, Halloween Tarot
teawoman: Alice Tarot, Halloween Tarot
2_Journey: Tarot of the Sidhe
BrownBear: Chrysalis Tarot
cSpaceDiva: Mary-El Tarot
conurelover: Mary-El Tarot

merissa_88

I'm either using the Sacred Circle Tarot or the Motherpeace Tarot. I'll decide tomorrow. :)

Rose Lalonde

TdM Pierre Madenié

Hi. I'll join in with the lovely TdM Pierre Madenié. Thanks!

I'll continue practice readings with it in the 'eye-rhymes in the TdM study group' (which has been going since August).

I'll also be comparing the Madenié with the Noblet as I go through the exercises in the new study group for jmd's Reading the Marseille Tarot. (Chapter 1 discussion went up today.) The book refers to the Noblet but encourages cross deck comparisons throughout.

:)

Southerngem65

I am going to focus on the Paulina Tarot, I just love the expressive faces in that deck.

I will also start working with my brand new Halloween Tarot that the UPS man brought last night. That one looks like so much fun.

teawoman

Like Southerngem, I'm bringing out my Halloween Tarot (its season is so short!) and also my new ALICE tarot from Baba. The accompanying book is full of juicy info!

merissa_88

Hi Rose Lalonde, Southerngem65, and teawoman! Welcome. Thanks for joining DOTM this month. :)

Love the decks you have chosen. I will have to look up pics for the Halloween Tarot. I don't remember what it looks like.

2_Journey

I just got the Tarot of the Sidhe and am excited to start exploring it. So I'm in for the first time with the Tarot of the Sidhe! :)

merissa_88

Welcome 2_Journey! Tarot of the Sidhe is one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy your month with it.

merissa_88

Motherpeace Tarot

Right now, I'm getting reacquainted with this fantastic deck. I looked through the cards last night. It's one of those decks where the minors are just as interesting as the majors. I'm really looking forward to working with it while listening to the Spiritual Path of Tarot Telesummit.

I'll be using the Motherpeace Tarot Playbook with the deck, as well as journalling. I can't tell if the deck has a shamanic feel to it, but it definitely lend itself to self exploration. I love the feminist, multicultural energy of it. I used to own this deck during the 90's, but did not like the circular cards. Now I really like them.

This is the deck I'll be studying this month. I won't be surprised if I do a little cheating with the Sacred Circle or Tarot of the Crone. I tend to use those decks around Samhain.

BrownBear

I am going to commit to using only the chrysalis deck this month. I really want to get to know it. I love the introspective nature of the minors, ut I am finding the troupe / court cards a little harder to deal with. So I am hoping that a solid month of work with it will help me love it even more.