Set and Setting ideas

Morwenna

I never heard that expression in that context either, and I'm of Griz's generation too. :)

But all this sounds like so much fun! I've been a renter all my life, so there's nothing I could ever do that wasn't portable; and now there's just too much stuff for the two of us and we have rooms in professional storage facilities because we need them! So I've done all my readings at home on the bed. I've never read for anyone else in our home.

But it doesn't stop me from dreaming! I would absolutely love having a space to read regularly, and to do rituals, in an atmosphere that sings to me.

For myself I would want a square table, because I'm rather fond of large spreads, and the curvature of a round table would hinder me. And I'm of the blue-and-purple persuasion usually, but I see uses for other colors as well. I would probably stay with neutral walls so I could change colors of fabrics and accoutrements according to the mood, the season--or the deck.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

nisaba

which colors would be the best for this situation? I have hard wood floors as well.

Well, I'd work with what makes you feel comfortable, and with the colours of the wooden floor. If they are a very dark reddish or blackish timbers, I'd go with pale cool colours. If they are a light, warm, honey-ish colour I'd go for pale warm colours.

Have a look at what you own in the way of Tarot-stuff: storage baskets, favourite spread cloths etc. I'd recommend keeping any strong colours to the Tarot-stuff, and keeping the room itself muted.

ravenest

.... (ooops)