List of tarot myths

coyoteblack

There is a podcast going over many of these. About the history of the tarot. Accordning to R.M. PLace it was first a game and only a game then evolved.

RubyV

You MUST receive payment in exchange for a reading or your energy will be leeched away.

You must NEVER receive payment in exchange for your reading or your ability will be taken away by some angry spirit.

(Both of these confused the hell out of me as a young teen :D )

Sulis

You must never charge for readings because it's a spiritual gift and you must never charge for your spiritual gifts.

Baroli

Pollianna said:
You can only have a life reading done once and once only?????

Wait!! What about all my other lives??? :bugeyed:

Your first deck must be a gift. I think this has been said already.

Baroli

Lewen

Scion said:
I just heard a new one over the weekend: a stolen deck reads more powerfully.

Uhhhh, right. People are such dingdongs sometimes.

I have a feeling that this may be a mutation of the "you must receive you deck as a gift" mishegas. And more importantly I feel like it's a license to thieve created for and by deck-crazed miscreants.

WOW...that's a new one. I can't imagine stealing from anyone, much less a beloved deck! :bugeyed:

Lleminawc

Jewel said:
Actually that is also a myth ... Fact: the exact origin of the Tarot is NOT KNOWN.
Yes Jewel, that's why I posted this on a thread about "tarot myths". Ever heard of sarcasm?

le fey

I think AT needs to sell T-shirts that say "Deck-Crazed Miscreant"

tarot4fun

You should only have/use one deck.

~or~

400 of you favorite decks is still not enough.

Suz :heart:

sleepingcat

tarot4fun said:
400 of you favorite decks is still not enough.

That's a myth?! ; D

Jewel

Lleminawc said:
Ever heard of sarcasm?
I have, yet when written form one cannot tell if it is sarcasm since there is no voice inflection to identify it, so I did not know you were being sarcastic.