three of hearts... baby on the way?

seaofclouds

Hello!

I did a reading yesterday for a relationship question. And in my 5 card spread one of the positions represents *what can be looked forward to*

I put down the three of hearts. I thought it was a funny card at first, not a bad card, just funny for the kind of relationship the querent is involved in. And it's been on my mind all day. I told her that there would be happiness and sharing, but the more I think about it, I wonder if the card was saying that there's going to be a baby...

And I only say this because I was thinking about three's-- meaning growth, and my keyword that I remember for that card being in Cancer is *nurturing* and in Mercury, *messenger*... Also, it struck me last night after the reading and it's been on my mind all day long.

Is anyone aware of a pregnancy card? I read with regular playing cards, and if anyone could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated!

Overall the reading was very positive. The final *outcome* card was the Ace of Clubs...

Thanks!
Melissa

MeeWah

seaofclouds: Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot!

I read with regular playing cards for many years, but do not recall a pregnancy card per se. It may depend on the query &/or a particular card combination, but when in doubt rely on the intuition; the gut reaction. Also consider the other cards in the throw.

I can see where 3 of Hearts could refer to a pregnancy for the reasons given. Also reminds me of an old saying that went something like this:

1 + 1 & baby makes 3.

With outcome card of Ace of Clubs, very possible for something concrete to develop with the relationship--such as a possible pregnancy or promise/potential of marriage, but again, look also at the rest of the cards.

zorya

welcome to the forum sea of clouds :)

i agree with meewah. if your gut feeling or intuition tells you it means pregnancy, than it just might, in this case.

pregnancy can fit the three of hearts, but of course the card has many other possible meanings as well. as meewah said, the other cards influence the interpretation as well.

an ace of wands, as something new starting, could support your interpretation.

what were the other cards? was there a queen present?

Logiatrix

Yes, traditionally--as in most texts--the Ace of Wands/Clubs is 'birth', literal as well as figurative.
I like where you're going with the influence of the Three of the Hearts in terms of an actually pregnancy; that's very intuitive (I don't think I would've caught that).
And Zorya makes an excellent point about the queens...
:)

seaofclouds

No queens in the spread. (I had to go through my journal to remember that!)

I pulled five cards and they were: 6 Spades to focus, 10 Clubs in the past, 8 of diamonds to work through, 3 of hearts to look forward to, and Ace of Clubs as the outcome.

Ace of Clubs as a birth! That's interesting.

~Melissa

zorya

ace of clubs... could well be a boy! :laugh:

Logiatrix

zorya!!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: