My playing Card Meanings

Phoenix Rising

I'm glad that I am able to share something with you all, that I did all on my own.

Another thing I want to share is the spread I'm using, so you can see how I do the combinations. I'm calling it the "Magic Square"-Why it's magic I'm yet to find out..ha!

Now cards 1,2,3 & 1,4,7 are read together with card 5 connecting them together, This is the past in a past, present, future reading.
Cards 4,5,6 & 2,5,8 are read together, this would be the present.
Cards 7,8,9 & 3,6,9 are read together, this would be the future position.
Then we can read diagonally 1,5,9 & 3,5,7 to add insight too.
As you can see that 5 is in most combinations so that will be the key card.

I'm also looking at Directions too, because each placing can be a compass point
1.NW..2.N..3.NE
4.W....5.....6.E
7.SW..8.S..9.SE

In Firemaidens reading I had Country(10 Diamonds)Sth direction, because that card was sitting in the Sth position, although I have to do alot more readings to see how this is going to pan out.
I'm discovering something new all the time, I can add to that spread or combinations

All I can do to perfect this is practise, practise, practise and with my good friends on AT then I'll be fine.

Blessings

RufusJ

Not to ask as dumb question, but when you read directions with your spread, do you face north?

pax, RufusJ

Phoenix Rising

Hi Rufus, I did chuckle with that question, but it is a good question, But no I don't face north, I think the direction will be from where the querent is located. So a SW direction will be from where you are, and you have to be facing North. Good point!

Phoenix Rising

I've added a few more meanings to some of the cards, mainly because how they have started to express themselves in readings. Although they are still in line with the original.
But there is some flexibility in it's use and only through practising will it emerge.

I will continually update it, and it's only through feedback from all my lovely friends at AT, that it and I and we can improve.

Moonbow

This is really outstanding stuff Phoenix Rising...

It makes me want to have a little dabble myself, I probably will one day.

So, are you using just an ordinary gaming deck or have you treated yourself to something special. ;)

Phoenix Rising

Hi Moonbow

I'm just using a ordinary playing deck that costs me $2..lol
When I started, I just used 2 decks, one deck I scribbled on with astrology signs on it, and keywords, then when I memorised the meanings, used my other deck, which I use now.
I will probably treat myself to a special deck later on, but there is no requirement at this stage.
I've had a few comments, that people underestimated cartomancy's accuracy, and complexity, but in actuality I've found it so much more simpler, and I've picked it up much more quickly than tarot. I started learning over a month ago now, but learning tarot before hand I think would of made it a bit easier too.

ocho8s

Phoenix Rising
Thank you so much for posting all of this info, after having 2 of your readings and finding out that they are very accurate, I am going to give it some time to study.
My father has always been a poker player so following some suggestion I would pay attention to how he plays it.
thanks so much
Blessings
Anaoly

Tarotphelia

This was wonderful , PR !! I have got it all copied and pasted and ready to print and study. Thanks so much !!

Phoenix Rising

Ocho8's: you'll see that it won't take you long to use them.
they will pick up on the most trivial of things. Now when I play card games, I just can't help not reading them now.

Dark Inquisitor: Hope you enjoy it. I've been learning them for just over a month now, and it's amazing what little things I pick up each day with them. Reading tarot certainly has helped to connect them together.

Umbrae: Thanks for the site, it was one of the first sites that I looked at. I've even had emails from Kristen, it was certainly very helpful and informative. She was a Tarot reader before as well.

It's great having such honest feedback from all the members. Then I'm able to piece them together and also common combinations.

One combination I picked up with another members reading was "dreams" 10 spade(night)Jack of the significators suit in her case she is a Queen of clubs, therefore jack of clubs was thoughts. So 10 spade and jack clubs, was a dream, She had a dream of a ex husband, the combination was 10 spade, jack clubs, King Spade.

NB: I've just edited a couple of new meanings to my initial meanings, so you might want to have a look.