FSC Sign-Ups August 6th - 31st...

faerylvr

Hello Faery Seekers!

This is Faerylvr and I am helping Marion out in August... :D

Time to sign up for the August 5th - 31st round of the Faery Seekers.

Standard notes:

~ This circle is for the use of the Froud Faery Oracle deck, and other decks would be used in the general Oracle circles.

~ Please don't sign up if you can foresee big time problems for yourself, remember you will disappoint your partner. *But*, if unexpected time issues occur, please contact your partner immediately and sort things out and develop a timetable. Communication is very important.

~ Readings and feedback (so leave your partner enough time to consider and give feedback) are to be completed by July 31st.

Spread for this round:

Demeter and Persephone Spread (by Faerylvr)

1…….3…..4 (bridge between 3 and 2)….2

1. Demeter

This is what is holding on to you to keep you safe and out of harm. It may be that this is not allowing you to grow or have the freedom you need, but it is done with your concern. Like Demeter and her desire to always keep Persephone close and away from harm. Her intentions were good, but her sheltering led to Persephone's naiveté and in some part to the need for Persephone to try and "escape".

2. Hades

This is what wants you, whether it is good for you and what you want or not. Sometimes this is a person, a feeling or an event. While we cannot control everything this is completely out of our control. This is Hades in the story, wanting someone so bad that he is willing to risk all to have her. In the end he is willing to compromise so that he can get what he wants but not make her so miserable she won't love him.

3. Persephone

This is you. Torn between the two spots, wanting to be what each of them want you to be. Again this could be a feeling or people or a situation that has a tough decision to be made. Persephone was able to live with the decisions made as she became aware that both worlds offered her things. Although she was torn between her mother and her husband she was able to work things out with both of them.

4. Pomegranate Seed

This is that which you know you shouldn't have but are tempted to take anyway. Like Persephone and her stay in the underwold. The pomegranate, which she knew she was not to eat the seed of, but which tempted her beyond her resistance, leading to her fate of 6 months above and 6 months in the underwold. This shows a compromise position for you.

Of course, you don't have to use this spread. This is just the suggested spread for this round.

Sign up is open Now until August 5th, in the evening and I will post the list of readers from there. It will be in the usual style that Marion has established of a true reading circle.

Alrighty everyone lets see what our faeries are telling us this month....

Faerylvr :heart:

faerylvr

Partners Post

Partners will be posted here...

goldnchyl and Baroli

Magenta and Kenny

Kahlie and Marion

tabi and liralen

sunshinelvr and skydancer

TomTom

faerylvr said:
Hello Faery Seekers!

Spread for this round:

1…….3…..4 (bridge between 3 and 2)….2

hi faerylr.

I'm confused about "(bridge between 3 and 2)....2"

Do you mean bridge between 3 and 1?

I just received this deck and read a little with it and I am not sure if I like it.
So, I think this is a good opportunity to get to know it and to see what the Faeries have to say to me.

Would you please count me in?

:love: TomTom

faerylvr

TomTom said:
hi faerylr.

I'm confused about "(bridge between 3 and 2)....2"

Do you mean bridge between 3 and 1?

I just received this deck and read a little with it and I am not sure if I like it.
So, I think this is a good opportunity to get to know it and to see what the Faeries have to say to me.

Would you please count me in?

:love: TomTom

Nope... I mean bridge between 3 and 2 (Persphone and Hades)... in the story the seed is what causes her to have to stay, but in the end she compromises... this is the bridge/compromise position between the two main parties.

If you go the reading exchange a few people have posted their readings with it and that might help with the spread itself.

As for the faeries... don't think of them as a "deck" but as someones who can help you... each card has its own personality and its own quirkiness... read through some of our threads...visit the faery party... and you will see what I mean. They are very much "alive and involved" in our lives and they cause lots of mischief.

Baroli

OOOOhhh faery mischief!! That's what I like. I couldn' t make COS but will gladly sign up for the faery mischief and mayhem. :D:D

Baroli

Oh yeah, and read the cards as well. :rolleyes:

faerylvr

I was wondering where you were :D... so glad to see you here.

WaterSong

:) me too!!

:) :D

xoxooxo
magenta

faerylvr

Glad to have you both... welcome aboard.

goldnchyl

Count me in! Interesting spread. I'd like to use it but I want to understand it better.