XX1The World - Deviant Moon

bumble bee

First thing when I saw this card was that the fishs on the top reminded me of a Dr. Suess type drawing. Their faces are so serene and they are facing each other almost smiling but not quite. There is the symbol of the ouroboros
which represents cyclical manifestation and return. The last card of the tarot. Usually we have the symbols of protection, the eagle, the man, the lion and the bull, also representing the fixed astrological signs. Here we have two fish wet from jumping out of the ocean(out of the depths of the unconsiencness?) with a lion type creature and a red spotted creature who has bull hooves on the back legs anyway. I think their faces have been switched. The mermaid in the middle of the card is straddling 2 land masses with water in the middle and she is sitting over it all. Their are sailing ships in the background and castles. The sun is shinging in the background. I think she has a sun and moon symblol on her necklace. She has little stars for nipples. Her batons are lit on both sides. Am interested in the groups insight on this card.

Cenz

I think it's not a sun and moon symbol on her necklace, it looks more like a crab to me, it has legs and pincers.

bumble bee

Deviant Moon xxi the World

You are so right. Your reply made me think about why this card was done with the ocean theme. Im thinking that all life really started in the ocean .

Appreciate your good eyes and thank you for the correction.

Bee

La Torre

You are so right. Your reply made me think about why this card was done with the ocean theme. Im thinking that all life really started in the ocean .

I think you are perfectly right! Especially since the fishes appear on the Fool card too, but only as regular, non-sentient beasts in the water -- and on this one, they are on a higher level of existence. To me, their facial expression -- and the fact that they have human faces -- suggests human intellect, and they don't seem to be in need of water anymore. They are like symbolic markers of the beginning and the end of the Fool's journey. :)