reading for yourself, can you?

La Force

Reading for yourself

Topic: Reading for yourself

There are so many ways to read for yourself, as there are so many different decks, as there is so many books, as there is so many different reader and different reading methods. Every deck, Every reader, Every book are all different takes, views, and opinions. Yet you take 1 from ?, and 1 from ?, and again from ?, which results in what works for you. "little bit here, a little bit there".

What works for her, doesn't work for him, but may sorta work for you.

I have read for myself since I began my tarot journey, in the beginning because I was learning I made mistakes, errors, misunderstood, etc. what the reading meant. Let's be honest, there are so many ways to read the cards (Thoth, Marseille, RWS, Etteillia) each method the meanings that correlate to the cards changes from one to the other. I bought books and decks etc. which all vary in there interpretations and can or will just add to the confusion, if your not already confused.

What I did and what you can do is to first learn how to detach your emotions from your physical, mental, and spiritual self. once you master detachment. reading for yourself and others, becomes so easy and natural.

This type of detachment is like separating yourself from a loved one, whether through divorce, or death. (Grieving process) think of the stages you go through, keeping in mind everyone is different. Once you hit the angry stage, you know that the next stage your detached and can move forward in life. That feeling where your in empty sorta zone, but not, you know, it's like (nothing, blank, silent, no feeling at all, dead inside) is the key (detached), and that key is how I can stay objective, in all my readings, no matter if it's for me or others

Letting go / detached, isn't easy at first, but once you learn how to control it, and bring forth when needed, your readings will be very accurate, with any reading style / method your most comfortable using.

Hope this helps you or someone else

La Force

nisaba

I was just curious to know how you feel about reading for yourself?
I *feel* okay about it. I'm just not very good at doing it, because I know too much of my own backstory and it gets in the way of hearing the voice of my intuition, which is much quieter than the voice of my memory.

It would be cool to do not just get a -yes I can/no I can't- type of answer. So feel free to elaborate! :)
<shrug> Those kinds of questions I answer with a pendulum. Tarot is more chatty and nuanced than that.

-Do you feel a different energy when you read for yourself?
Not really. If anything, the cards are emptier of meaning.

-Do you do it at a particular moment?
<grin> When I'm awake is good. Although, I'm also good with Tarot-dreams.

-Are you accurate when you read for yourself (sometimes, always, more or less than when you read for others?)
Depends how you measure accuracy. I'm not a predictive reader - I try to be *useful* in my readings, not predictive. And no, I often find readings for me are less useful in my life than they are in the lives of clients I don't know at all.

Lerena

Yes. I feel more confident that I'll know what's right and what isn't. I do find that I can read for other people, but it's always more difficult since I'm assuming things about their situation that they haven't told me and could be way off. That hasn't happened yet strangely enough. As a beginner, my first time reading for someone was actually correct, so I do tend to be accurate both ways.

I often do tarot readings when I have a question.

-Are you accurate when you read for yourself?
Yes. The only time I'm not is when reading about my love life, because that tends to be my blind spot. No matter how positive the cards are, I can never tell if they're telling me what I need to hear or what I think the situation is like. Thus, I have concluded that I shouldn't do love readings for myself.

Dartellus

Hummmm, yes..., the intensity is different. Sometimes the energy is more intense than doing for another person, but most of the time the energy is weaker when i do it for myself. More and more i'm preferring to do it for other people.

Oh yeah, love to do it at mornings...specially in Sundays (Sunny Sunday are the best for doing it...).

-Are you accurate when you read for yourself?
Somewhat, yes. But i have to rethink a lot about the cards and even meditate about some points. A lot of times the true meanings of the cards come in very curious places, like the subway and the shower. :laugh:

I feel fine for doing it for myself, but i prefer to either rethink the cards or take opinion of somebody else. Just like nisaba said "i know too much of my back story"...

AquaPeacock

Why can't you?

I don't see why not. If you're able to take yourself out of the situation I don't see why you wouldn't be able too. I do it all of the time, it's the only way I can practice for the time being. The only one who can limit you is yourself. People create rules, doesn't mean you have to follow them, that's how I see it. :thumbsup:

khatsar

I read for myself, yes. I ask my guides for help so the energy feels different than when I read for others. I read over little things, big things, whatever I feel like really. Sometimes I won't do a reading for myself for months. Sometimes I'll do them daily. Since I usually ask for advice as opposed to predictions, judging accuracy is not cut-and-dried. I always get something out of the result and process though. :) When I ask specific questions, I tend to get cryptic answers. My guides want very much for me to LIVE my life, to enjoy it and not to spend too much time agonizing about things.

This morning I asked how a meeting would go and got the High Priestess. I felt unprepared and embarrassed at the meeting, but the experience has lit a fire under my @ss to get going on this project so I can impress my boss. I think today needed to happen exactly as it did or I wouldn't be so motivated now. So...my cards don't necessarily want to tell me the future. And I don't usually ask about it. Because I get weird answers that are essentially "see what happens." :)

Interestingly, the HP in this particular deck is sitting by a fire. And one of her alternative meanings is the "severity of judgement" which is definitely what I felt at the meeting lol. So maybe I'm just not well accustomed enough to this deck (Tarocchi Romantici). I will say I definitely tend to be more amused at readings I do for myself lol.

I once consulted the cards during a terrible crisis. My guides came through and told me exactly what I needed to know in that moment to start the process of healing and becoming whole again. When I truly need the message, it comes through loud and clear. My crisis moments tend to involve family, and I believe at least one of my ancestors guards me, so she probably speaks up at those times. I don't think she's as invested in how I'm going to do on my term paper. ;)

tarot_quest

When I ask specific questions, I tend to get cryptic answers. My guides want very much for me to LIVE my life, to enjoy it and not to spend too much time agonizing about things.

I think that you raised a good point here! I have always felt that the answers are not crystal clear to make sure that we don't base our life on them...

Also, I am starting to think that tarot can also mislead us in purpose when we want to get an answer too desperately or when we are not supposed to know something yet

AsheSkyler

I feel like it's clearer since I know myself better than other people, but other than that I haven't noticed a difference.

Nah, not really. Usually early in the mornings after I get up since I like doing dailies. When I remember to do dailies. Sometimes I'll skip a week and not realize it because I have other obligations.

-Are you accurate when you read for yourself (sometimes, always, more or less than when you read for others?)
I don't know if I'm accurate when I read for myself so much as my decks having their own opinions. A pack of cards I've had for ten years likes to give me gentle, fortune-cookie advice. A new pack I have is rather sassy and grumpy. I have another deck that I haven't really tried out that much, I may see how we work together. Although if I get the "you're stubborn" card one more time...