Where does this calendar sheet come from?

gregory

Nice sheet - but yes - I HAVE TO KNOW now ! Maybe list the question as "calendar" in case someone who's into those... I suspect it will be an older member who finally manages this one - it LOOKS sort of 80s or 90s, somehow...

Did you ask the seller ?

PathWalker

Have asked for the thread title to be amended.

Will try contacting the seller, thanks for the suggestions :)

PW x

PathWalker

No joy from the seller, they have no idea (they are not into tarot I don't think).

gregory

I've asked Rodney. The brain of brains and all that !

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Thread title edited as requested.

h3ll0k1tt33

that font screams 70s or early 80s to me

rwcarter

Looking at the title of the page, the R in "Read" is black along with the ro in "Tarot" looking like a black n. So we have Rn, which is an abbreviation for Nurse here in the US. I don't think that's really helpful though, so maybe Rn are the initials of either the person who wrote the text or designed the cards. Only RN that came to my mind is Rolla Nordic, but I don't find anything in a google search associating her with a calendar. I did crop the image to only the title text and didn't find anything on an image search of that either.

Think I might be onto something though! I put "70's tarot calendar" into google search and came up with an archived thread at Aeclectic - http://www.tarotforum.net/library/15/2005-04/vintage-decks-70-s-80-s-20050411.shtml where Junia mentions the Pop/Rock Tarot Calendar 1972 by Julia Noonan. That says to look at Tarot Garden, which yields these images - http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/p-decks/poprockcards.gif. Font is quite similar to the title of the sheet. TG points to the Encyclopedia of Tarot Vol 1, page 213, which shows 20 of the 22 cards in B&W. Scant info about the deck, but it does say:
Published 1972 by Scholastic Book Services, New York. The cards were designed by Julia Noonan with accompanying text by Julia Remine Piggin. Card titles are from songs popular in the 1960s and 1970s.

If that's not it, I don't know what it is!

Rodney

PathWalker

Font of header is exactly the same, and the text font seems the same (as well as I can see).

You're brilliant, thank you!

Now how do we get hold of calendar and cards I wonder?

:)

gregory

Font of header is exactly the same, and the text font seems the same (as well as I can see).

You're brilliant, thank you!

Now how do we get hold of calendar and cards I wonder?

:)
Oh god I wish I knew - that deck is one I have ached for for YEARS !