Rulers

Belatrix

Jupiter and Pisces.Jupiter used to be the ruler of that sign for long time.That is interesting,and we may look at Jupiter that way too.I can`t understand how something can work for thousands of years,and then from one morning,it doesn`t work any more.There is some mystery there.From today it is Neptune and no more Jupiter.I don`t like this.
We look at Venus today,as planet that is responsibe for both Taurus and Libra.For money and beauty so to say.We search for answers related to those matters,by looking at Venus positions in charts.There must be some trait in Jupiter that reminds us
to Pisces.
Also we might record Saturn`s position and determine where are our friends located(as Saturn used to rule
Aquarius).
I guess that researches of astrologers are true,and that Uranus,Neptune and even Pluto(which is outcasted from our system by some scientists lately),fit to qualities of Aquarius,Pisces and Scorpio.But how to look at their antient rulers?

leephd

And you're right....

Belatrix said:
I can`t understand how something can work for thousands of years,and then from one morning,it doesn`t work any more.There is some mystery there

How about something wrong there? By the time astrologers got around to re-assigning Uranus, Neptune and Pluto as sign "rulers," they had collectively lost touch with the original rationale of the rulership system, which was to assess where a planet was stong or weak. In the newer system, it became a question of which sign does a planet most ressemble? The result of which being: Jupiter never stopped being strong in its effect in Pisces. Modrn astrologers simply though Neptune looked most like Pisces.

Sophie

I agree with you, Belatrix, and so do many astrologers, who still consider Jupiter to be the ruler of Pisces, with Neptune coming as a secondary influence(and that is my belief too). Apart from anything else, all these newly discovered planets are distant, non-personal planets (and one isn't even a planet! - see the thread on Pluto), and so in my opinion can't be real rulers.

And exactly, leephd - Jupiter's influence on Pisces is very strong! I have 3 main planets (Sun, Mercury and Saturn) in Pisces, plus Chiron - I feel the influence of Jupiter (all the more emphasized by my Sagittarian Moon). In Saturn that influence is at best canalised, and at worst (during difficult transits) inhibited, but in my Sun and Mercury, which are closely conjunct, it is strong.

Belatrix

What would you say that if Pisces both rulers are in different houses?Lets say that Neptune is in the third house and Jupiter is in the first house.Which one of them would be more important for the house where Pisces crosses the cusp?I always pay attention to Neptune here.But Jupiter in the first is quite challenging,as ascedant and first house are actually a number one thing for all charts(that is something very close to that chart owner).
I hope that my question is not too mysterious.

isthmus nekoi

Belatrix said:
What would you say that if Pisces both rulers are in different houses?Lets say that Neptune is in the third house and Jupiter is in the first house.Which one of them would be more important for the house where Pisces crosses the cusp?I always pay attention to Neptune here.But Jupiter in the first is quite challenging,as ascedant and first house are actually a number one thing for all charts(that is something very close to that chart owner).
I hope that my question is not too mysterious.

I would personally look to the traditional ruler. Ancient and Vedic astrologers are able to be quite accurate using traditional rulers so that speaks to some strength in sticking to the older planets.

But you can make up your own mind of course. You could study different natal charts of famous people and look at the houses where Pisces, Scorpio and Aquarius fall. Which planet do you think better expresses how issues of the house have played out? Studying horary charts is also another way you can verify the accuracy of using old vs new rulers.

Belatrix

Thanks for your comment Isthmus