Oracle De-enabling

Tristram Shandy

souljourney said:
Well I learned something then.

I guess I wasn't much help at de-enabling... but I tried.
I can easily imagine people who would be de-enabled by your post. And the post didn't make me to spend more money on decks, so no harm was done.

faunabay

souljourney said:
Ok.. so I want the Enchanted Oracle and Amy Brown Oracle... They are so pretty and some are kinda dark which I like. I don't like all the light cute fairies like in Doreen Virtue or the Mystci Fairy Tarot.

I know Aulruna... monotony of fairies. LOL.
That's it!! They are pretty. No depth what so ever. If you like their artwork buy a book or a calendar! Leave the making of oracle decks to people who want others to actually do readings with them.....not throwing one together as a marketing ploy!!

cardlady22

The Silent Stones Colour Oracle by Diana Cooper

OK, I saw this oracle mentioned (on the Tarot de-enabling thread OF ALL PLACES) and I looked up its description on Amazon. It says it is for discovering the "ethnicity" of your past lives. The review by Janet Boyer says there are 33 cards.

I have not had any pull toward past life ideas before, but I am very interested in it from a colour point of view & from my interest in history. Someone who owns this deck, please tell me there are no tidbits to be gleaned from finding out which colours the authors assigned to the various civilizations.

And mods: can we please make this a sticky????

BodhiSeed

cardlady22 said:
OK, I saw this oracle mentioned (on the Tarot de-enabling thread OF ALL PLACES) and I looked up its description on Amazon. It says it is for discovering the "ethnicity" of your past lives. The review by Janet Boyer says there are 33 cards.

I have not had any pull toward past life ideas before, but I am very interested in it from a colour point of view & from my interest in history. Someone who owns this deck, please tell me there are no tidbits to be gleaned from finding out which colours the authors assigned to the various civilizations.
Well, you just get colors. No pictures, just colors. And who doesn't have a favorite color? So you pick this color, and read about it. Then what will you do with your deck? You've discovered all you're going to discover. You'll have to try to con someone on the trade forum to take it off your hands.:)

cardlady22

Yes, I suppose I have enough about color with my Dewey Sadka "Hue are U" deck and cut-apart Colorstrology book . . .

But have you seen all the historical culture themes in my tarot deck collection? I can't help a nagging feeling that I *could* use them to fill things out . . .

ETA: somebody slap me! I just saw the list of cultures mentioned in the post by Moonbow*
I'm not going to make it!

BodhiSeed

cardlady22 said:
ETA: somebody slap me! I just saw the list of cultures mentioned in the post by Moonbow*
I'm not going to make it!
Alright folks, looks like we have a jumper here! I need some help (and possibly a net :D)!

.traveller.

Make a list of cultures and then assign paint chips to them... then study up on your anthropology.

autumnsdaughter

I need help- I'm really wanting the Celtic Book of the Dead. IT is not easy to find, and costs more than I want to pay, but I want it so bad! Someone help me!

Also, I'm still wanting the Druid Plant Oracle... anyone willing to take that one on?

cardlady22

paint chips . . . you mean I could run down to Walmart and grab the free paint sample cards & make my own???? Oh, yes, and each color family can be a geographical area.

Yes, I'm saved! Hallelujah!

ETA: I actually did go snag those! However, there were 30 blank slots (out of 300) so I'm doomed to keep going back until my set is complete. No saving $$ there . . .

cardlady22

Druid Plant Oracle- The artwork is great, but I haven't seen an herbal/plant/flower anything that satisfied me. I keep running across mentions of new ones that aren't included. Major marketing kudos to them though! Keeping the size to match the Druid Animal is worse than a subliminal message to go buy Raisinets and Coke! Are you that malleable?

Celtic Book of the Dead?? I thought that was an Egyptian thing! OK, looking at Joan Bunning's description & pics didn't do anything for me. Pick up a cheap used copy of the companion book and be sure that story is something you're going to synch up with. (Although it just sealed my fate when I did it with the Celtic Tree Oracle.)

ETA: Reading through the review by Wicce got my back up! I am not getting this "islands" thing. It's not bad enough that you "wake up dead" when you were really hoping for sweet oblivion. Now you have to struggle through that nasty sea until you reach an island. You think you're saved BUT . . . it's another test. Then they send you back out there again and again and again.