books on designing own oracle cards?

amethyst57

i've seen a few books on designing your own tarot decks...
was wondering if there are books on designing your own oracle decks as well??

PsychicLord

I have not seen any around, so I just designed my own.

Coincidently, the prototype deck arrived from the printer today..... great to see so many months of work in (almost) final form.

It was lucky I did a single deck..... as the fonts for some reason were not as specified...... but apart from that it looks good. Next step is to get some feedback on the deck, sort out the font issue, then go for a 500 print run!

canid

As there are many issues involved, I've never heard of one that covers all the aspects of creating a tarot or oracle deck. There are general art instruction books, ones that explain the different symbolism in a deck system, & graphic design books. If you're able to draw/paint, that's more than half the battle right there. The rest is the mental creative process & how you choose to incorporate, or not, trad card symbolism. Oh, yeah, & finding time to complete 78 pieces of work, making them a consistent & reproducible size. I wish I could do it...

amethyst57

was thinking on the lines of books on the oracle symbolism & meanings...
just for a deck for personal use...
if not books...any websites that have good 'lexicons'?

cardlady22

I've used this one:
http://www.symbols.com/

I'm about to hop offline for the evening, but I'll go through some more of my stuff and see what else pops up to share or suggest.

amethyst57

what a cool site...thanks!

Master_Margarita

I used this book to guide the development of my own oracle.

:heart: M_M~

amethyst57

all 3 books look great....thanks!