Titles on standard yellow box decks

Yelell

Hi, I basically joined the forum to eavesdrop on everyone's favorite decks :) My favorite is still the poor standard yellow box RWS, blue plaid backs and all. I had been wanting a new giant deck but looking on the US games website it showed those horrid computer font titles. Looking on this forum I found the printed in China ones had handwritten titles after all, and now I'm in love with my new giant deck! I'm wondering if any of the other new yellow box RWS decks have the handwritten fonts, mini or pocket or regular.? What I have seen has not :(

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, Yelell!

It's been at least 4 years since I bought a recently printed yellow box RWS. I thought if they were yellow box and printed in China then they would have the handwritten fonts instead of the typeset fonts. I can't speak for the mini or pocket though.

Rodney

3ill.yazi

I have purchased the mini and the pocket within the past year, and they both have the hand lettered titles.

MissChiff

I just received the centennial edition in the Tin and it is also hand lettered. Oops your were asking about the standard deck sorry.

Abrac

I acquired a pocket edition a little over a year ago that was printed in China. It has handwritten titles. I wrote a short review of it here.

Yelell

I have purchased the mini and the pocket within the past year, and they both have the hand lettered titles.

Really? There is hope then lol. The deck my friend recently bought had font titles, but no box or anything anymore, so I don't know if they were China printed or not. I got the PCS centennial tin too ... I like it but I still think I want another regular smaller deck too.

The yellow box is the only deck I've seen in person in various languages, and with the typeset. I wonder if that's when they print various language versions they can just swap the font plates out or something? I'm fine with the copyrights but that ugly font kills me.

Yelell

I acquired a pocket edition a little over a year ago that was printed in China. It has handwritten titles. I wrote a short review of it here.

Thank you, that helps a lot.