Paracelse Oracle

Wiccan

Hi guys,
I bought a second hand oracle called Paracelse Oracle. It's a cheap spanish edition from Lo Scarabeo which was sold with a kind of magazine (every week a different deck). Instructions were part of the magazine. Unfortunately, the one I bought came without instruction. So I have no idea how to read the cards... I searched on google but I didn't find anything about how to draw these cards... Does someone own this oracle and can help me to understand this deck? I know this oracle also exists in a better edition with a little white book.

crystal dawn

Hi there
This oracle is based on geomancy. Each card has one of the geomantic figures on it. There are 16 geomantic figures and 32 cards in the deck so each figure appears twice within this deck. I think the deck implies there is a darker and lighter side to each figure. There is a lot of information on Wikipedia on geomancy and you can also find the meanings of each geomantic figure there too.

The best book I could recommend on geomancy would be

John Michael Greer the art of geomancy

Hope this helps.

Blessings

Crystal Dawn

Wiccan

Thank you so much for your help! I will take a look today on Wikipedia. Thank you again for your tips ;)

blue_fusion

Here is another resource I used to go to some years back about the subject and which you might find interesting: https://digitalambler.wordpress.com/skills/geomancy/geomantic-symbols-and-correspondences/ It has nice charts that break down and group the aspects of the geomantic symbols, and also has in-depth articles on each symbol. :)

Was crystal dawn correct in saying that the deck contains two cards for each symbol? I wonder why they made the deck that way...

-Ly