Poll: Your Favorite Arthur Rackham Oracle Back Design

G6

None of them seem truly reversible, so I would pick F.

CosmicTarot

That is the regular sized deck and a great review. Thanks for sharing.

The Jumbo is huge. The main reason I ordered the jumbo is the art. Shuffling and handling are secondary to the detail in the art for me on this one.

Glad you liked it! I love that channel! So many great reviews.

Haha, I think that says something about my tiny hands, since it seemed Jumbo to me. The Jumbo size would be cool, due to the art, as you say. Shuffling and handling are important in my case nevertheless, since I'm hoping to be able to use it for readings.

The deck creator, Freder from Duck Soup, came and posted the tally of most popular backs (and his favorite is A). Check it out here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=4543609&postcount=67

I think you'll find this thread helpful.

It was, thank you! I agree with him when he says he's surprised that backing A isn't more popular. I think the issue there is that they're all so darn good: So how are people supposed to be able to choose? :p I love option A, but I also love option A-F (G a little less).

Using it is like stepping into a folk/fairy tales, not the modern antiseptic versions, but the darker, gnarled roots of the tales. The readings are incisive and cut no corners. The use of language is rich and varied. There is a joy of meaning and interpretation both in art and prose!

Wonderful explanation and really helpful! I want it even more now. Thank you!

CosmicTarot

I went with B. I was torn between that and G.
I also have the Fountain. They are wildly different decks. I adore both of them. My clients respond quite well to both, too.

I really want Fountain too! I have so many decks on my wish list and I'm feeling deeply dissatisfied by the fact that I own so few of them. I want 'em all.

B was a good choice, I'm personally not as big of a fan of G, since I think the others outshines it somehow. But it's neat and clean.

I'm glad your clients like it. Do you yourself think that you get good readings out of it?

CosmicTarot

None of them seem truly reversible, so I would pick F.

F is pretty. Reversals aren't an issue for me with Oracle decks, since I wouldn't do reversals in any case. I think it's perfect for Tarot, but I think the messages in Oracle cards are so clear and specific that I'm not sure if reversals truly adds anything or if it just takes away from the meaning. But it's a matter of taste! Thank you! :)