XX JUDGEMENT wetted "zombies" ?

ArcanoMáximo

I know this is very weird, but i can see by the grey corpse color of their bodies and the "active" yellow hair that these beings are "zombies"(living deads).
The flesh color Archangel is calling them to Life again.
But where are their coffins? Is that water?
Why all the lanscape is blue?
That doesn't seems a cemetery properly, and the only cross is in the Archangel's flag!
Then, these coffins are floatting in a river?
If so, is strange too, cause those don't seems wood but marble coffins...
So, is the Archangel's energie what is making them float?

Attachments

• XX JUDGEMENT.jpg
    XX JUDGEMENT.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 237

Little Baron

The little kid at the back, in the middle, reminds me of the one in The Sun card.

They do seem to be coming back to life, don't they? Being in water, I wonder if this card is somehow bringing them back to consciousness - waking them up, breathing life back into their souls. It does seem like a time of considerable sleep that they have been in.

Interesting question. Look forward to reading others responses.

LB

Fulgour

This "take" on the image hit home last week
when we were having our shower re-tiled...
the girl with her arms out could be seen as
being in a shower of notes from the horn. :)

Really though, I love this card, and think of
"Judgement" as reaching the ultimate goal~
the moment we reach our spiritual ambitions.

After all ~ isn't Judgement truly for the good
we've done, a reward for our Earthly efforts?

Flavio

There are so many fantastic things and events depicted in Tarot cards that for me is difficult to keep the amazement capacity :D I mean, if there is an actual angel in the card then is really possible (at least for me) that living dead decided to pay a visit in Tarot cards or that stone coffins can float in the water.

I think this card is trying to tell us "this calling is so powerful that even brings dead back to lve" maybe the coffins were buried on the bottom part of the river or lake and were brought to surface by angels's call.

On the background there are the white mountains found also in Fool and Hermit cards, does it mean the zombies are already on the other side? there are no clouds only that of the angel.

magpie9

It's the angel that bothers me---where's the rest of him? All that 's there is head and shoulders and arms. Is the rest of him off somewhere doing something else? What kind of work do angel bellies do? Now the feet, they could be making footsteps in the sand, and all that, but the bellies.....could they be convincing drunks and druggies to quit useing by showing thier bellies to them, as a truly weird hallucination?

What's with that angel, is what I want to know! :eek:

Flavio

magpie9 said:
It's the angel that bothers me---where's the rest of him?
In Aces we only see a hand coming out of the clouds, now seeing the Judgement card we can at least guess that the hands from the Aces belong to an Angel.

Where is the rest of him? I think of the cloud as a window, when we look through our houses's windows only our head and chest can be seen by others but all our body is there, let's see what other members have to say about it.

dadsnook2000

A small card

One small card, one large scene projecting a lot of symbols. The artist chose a "line drawing and filled/colored area" approach to these 78 cards probably because of several reasons; 1) The number of cards, if they were to be painted as in the Troth deck, would take overly long given the commission by Waite, 2) newspapers of the day utilized simple line drawings with dramatic artistic effect and would have been both socially acceptable and known to Pamela, 3) If a card had to be redrawn or redesigned then this format would have been quick and easy to accomplish that, 4) the number of symbols that needed to be included were easily done within a line drawing format.

Now, let us consider this card, the Judgement card. We have three people up front, three more in the background and possibly on the far shore, three coffins, a river or water, a far landscape with gentle hills, trees and mountains in the distance, a blue sky, an angle blowing a horn to which a white banner with a red cross is attached, the suggestion that the horn is being blown, and clouds to suggest the angle is emerging from the spirit world. Note that there is no sun rising, no hint of direct sunlight -- suggesting that this might be very early in the morning as it becomes light. That is a lot of symbology to squeeze into one small card measuring some 2.5 by 4 inches or so. This card not only outlines each component due to the fact it is a "line drawing" but it also suggests shadows and dark areas by using parallel lines to fill in a surface.

The use of colors is also interesting. There is more gray and less color at the bottom of the card, less gray and more color at the top of the card. This is probably to suggest an increased "richness" in the universal spirit than in physical life. A final comment -- there may or may not be land beneath the near coffins. The only thing that is sure is that there is water beyond them and that the Call to Judgement appears to be universal, for those near to us and those far away in other lands. An interesting card. Dave

ArcanoMáximo

I can see we all agree at least about the water but i have another interesting question too...
WHY THE MAN IN FRONT HAS NO PENIS:D?
I already know you are now smiling, but is a ver serious thing to note.
Don't you agree?

Flavio

ArcanoMáximo said:
WHY THE MAN IN FRONT HAS NO PENIS:D?
Because that is the price to pay to get into the wreath of laurel of the World :) LOL

Seriously... maybe it is just a matter of censorship.

ArcanoMáximo

LOL,}) Flavio!!!!

And Yes, I agree, maybe a censorship matter, but, why this doesn't happen with other cards as The Lovers or The Devil?
Must be a deeper reason.
Perhaps, after all, as you say, this beings are already becoming The World androgynous being!