Victorian Flower Oracle

Ange

I'm waiting for the postman right now.....and hoping the cards come today.....
Ang x

Ange

My cards have arrived... :) really good service as I only ordered them yesterday afternoon.

I'm pleased they have come before the weekend, as I am going away camping....I'm the Vice Chair of a van club.....and I can take them with me.

The cards seem to be not so highly laminated as some that I have owned, in fact, they seem quite matt. But they were awkard to shuffle, almost clinging to each other. I've cured that with a dose of talc on the cards....now they feel superb. With them being matt, I don't feel that they will stand up to many stains and wiping as others might, so I'll just have to be a bit careful with them.

The muted colours....gold etc....will compliment my Mystic Faerie tarot deck beautifully, and will tone in with the cream reading cloth and the candles etc.

The book gives a good explaination of the flowers history in drawings....from Victorian times, and seems to give a very indepth write-up on each card.

So, all in all I'm really pleased.

Ang x

Essjay

Hi Ange

I ordered mine yesterday too, but with the free delivery I don't suppose I'll see them until next week.

You don't need to worry about the matt lamination as with all MRP decks they are very hard-wearing, I've got water on my Victorian Romantic before and it didn't even bubble! I think they've got some kind of inner strengthening layer like playing cards but am not sure about this.

Enjoy your cards and report back on how you go working them in with your tarot as I'm v. curious about it!

:)

Ange

Essjay said:
Hi Ange

I ordered mine yesterday too, but with the free delivery I don't suppose I'll see them until next week.

You don't need to worry about the matt lamination as with all MRP decks they are very hard-wearing, I've got water on my Victorian Romantic before and it didn't even bubble! I think they've got some kind of inner strengthening layer like playing cards but am not sure about this.

Enjoy your cards and report back on how you go working them in with your tarot as I'm v. curious about it!

I don't think I'll actually be working with the tarot....cos I'm having such a job to settle with them. Not because it's the wrong deck or anything, but just feelings I have. I'll only be working with the oracle, and the tarot will be.....daft as it sounds....just to enjoy looking at, at the beautiful artwork and images and colours.

What I mean when I say compliment, is that they are the same shades of colour....I could set them out on the table whilst working with the oracle and just enjoy them being there that I can see them.
Ang x

Essjay

Not daft at all, each to their own. The Mystic Faerie is a beautiful deck from what I've seen (online, I don't own it).

Ange

Here they are...
15052008.jpg

Ang x

Jewel

Ange said:
The cards seem to be not so highly laminated as some that I have owned, in fact, they seem quite matt. But they were awkard to shuffle, almost clinging to each other. I've cured that with a dose of talc on the cards....now they feel superb. With them being matt, I don't feel that they will stand up to many stains and wiping as others might, so I'll just have to be a bit careful with them.
You will be pleasantly surprised by the cardstock. MRP uses very high quality materials and trust me they will last and you need not even worry about that. Enjoy your new oracle!

Ange

I've done one reading for the daughter in law already, and asked the same question in two different ways.....just to see what happened with the cards....

Would you believe that even after a really good shuffle the same card came out? The same answer?

That has never happened with the tarot......

And I've only had them for half a day, and I'm connecting to them already....helped no doubt by the keywords on the front of each card, but with my Fybromyalgia memory that's a good thing...:)

Ang x