What are you awaiting in the mail?

MikeBloke

zazen said:
Does anyone else have paranoia about paying over the www.

If so how do you go about paying?

peaceful zazen,
Tim

I do over some websites. Ebay I like, the feedback thing is great in deciding whether someone can be trusted. Anything over 95% positive comments I'll probably trust, I've had no problems over ebay so far.

I'm less trustful of amazon, (or amazon.co.uk in my case) I really dont like to buy stuff from there, they've over complicated the buying system, and while buying the Gilded Tarot, the same shop had it listed three times in three different prices, nothing different between them. Usualy amazons own price is really expensive too, it lists something "starting at £9.50" and then when you see the page, they sell it for £19.99, instead refering at a second hand copy someones selling. And then they have the nerve to suggest buying something else, believing that by recording what you've bought from amazon before, they know what you'd want in future. Sorry, ranted a little :p I'm quite anti-amazon.

(I got the Gilded Tarot today, so yay, worried over nothing-but it did seem to take a long time).

firefrost

You'll love the Gilded Tarot, Mike - it's one of my (and quite a few other people's favourites).

I tend to agree about Amazon, but I usually go to their marketplace and buy second hand anyway. I found that amazon take quite a while delivering, whereas an individual with good feedback wants to keep it that way and is prompt with delivery.

Amazon's habit of trying to get you to buy something else that you've no interest in at all is annoying - yes, amazon - even with your special free delivery rates..!!!

I've used a few sites, and always paid with Paypal without a problem. The fastest site I know of for delivery is the Holistic Shop, but their stock is limited. I've bought from ebay many times, and good feedback is a must.

Jan :)

WolfSpirit

I love the suggestions amazon gives, I can browse books for hours and hours ! Of course they can only give suggestions based on the limited knowledge they have of me, so sometimes they got it all wrong.

I prefer buying decks from smaller shops though with better service and information if it is the deck...or the book...or both...big shops like amazon seriously lack in that.

Annabelle

Oh dear. Here I go again. I was browsing my favorite sources of tarot decks this evening (as I do pretty much every evening) and found one site in the U.S. that already has the Sharman-Burke "My Tarot" deck in stock - and at a discount! And so I immediately ordered it, along with a copy of the Tarot of the 78 Doors. :)

Ah, and about the Amazon issue . . . when possible, I prefer NOT to buy from them. Their shipping times are slow, and their customer service is virtually non-existent . . . and their database is FULL of errors. However, their prices are good, and so they do get a fair share of my business.

gregory said:
....... and if an e-bay seller has feedback from someone here, you PM them and ask how it went ! - Hi Annabelle ! I believe yours with my "known dealer" went well, for instance !
Yes, it did! :)

jadecat

After survivng the solstice holidays without ordering any new decks, I lost my composure in the first week of 2006. Just received Animals Divine, am awaiting the Fournier Marseilles, & yesterday placed an order with Tarot Totes - great sale!

Tarot anonymous - I need (but really don't want) help!
Jadecat

WolfSpirit

I have arranged a trade with our lovely Kissa, and I will soon be waiting for the Blue Moon Tarot.
Also ordered through abebooks the Arthurian Tarot Course, to use with the Arthurian Tarot (an addition to the companion book)

Al Si'ra

I am expecting Druid Craft and Fairytale Tarot :)!!
My cousin is going to get them from Vienna so it's going to take some time i will have to wait her return ..I am sooooo excited!!

Moongold

I walked into the bookshop and purchased over the counter The Mediaeval Scapini .

It is so nice to make these spur of the moment decisions and have instant gratification :D

And, of course, I drove it home :).

firefrost

I'm waiting for the book Wisdom in the Cards, to go with my Hudes deck.

Jan :)

truelighth

Morwenna said:
Actually I was fainting at the unthinkable prospect of not expecting anything...

ROTFL!!! That is how I feel too. I realized I 'almost' had no decks in the mail anymore that I expected and so I bought the Costume Tarot (Japanese), Amy Brown Faery Wisdom and a new Dutch release Gregory told me about (hmm.. now who is Dutch here?) called "Tarot liefdevolle zelfrealizatie" which includes a deck.

I also want the Babylonian and would order it right away, but I will hold off till I have one of my 'panic-because-I-am-not-expecting-any-tarot' moments :D

Btw, what are the Demeroticon and the Ronitarot???