Yellow Tourmaline

EmpressArwen

Does anyone have any experiences with this stone?

I had a very strange dream Friday night. There was a lot going on in it but in the very end I was being attack by a man. I knew he was coming for me and I started stabbing at him with something in my hand. He said "you have the yellow tourmaline!" and then ran away. I looked down at my hand and there was a yellow/orangish stone in my hand. In my dream, I started saying "yellow tourmaline" over and over. When I woke, I was still saying it out loud.

I had never heard of this stone...or at least not that I remember. I didn't even know how to spell it but google understood. lol Why this stone? Any thoughts? I looked up the properties of the stone and comparing different websites it was kind of all over the place.

celticnoodle

interesting and odd dream there, EA! I googled "yellow Tourmaline properties-

http://www.crystalsrocksandgems.com/Healing_Crystals/Tourmaline/YellowTourmaline.html

and here:

http://seraphinite44.blogspot.com/2011/01/many-metaphysical-properties-of.html

I wonder if the yellow tourmaline is actually calling out to you so it can help you balance your chakras and also have the energy required to expand your spiritual awareness as mentioned in the first site. Also, I know you are working lots of hours and really hard and I can only imagine you are overly tired, and maybe feeling low and at the end of your rope. Perhaps this crystal will help you with all that and help you to feel more energized and confident.

Just a few ideas to think about.

EmpressArwen

Thanks for the links, CN. Those are different websites than the ones I looked at. One mentioned its good for senility! haha! Never too early to protect against that...I looked for my glasses for 5 minutes today...they were on my head.

Balanced and energized would be good. I feel like a walker from The Walking Dead most days. I'm going to work 70+ hours a week for six weeks straight starting in August...so maybe I'm supposed to get prepared. sigh

Thanks again!

celticnoodle

Thanks for the links, CN. Those are different websites than the ones I looked at. One mentioned its good for senility! haha! Never too early to protect against that...I looked for my glasses for 5 minutes today...they were on my head.

Balanced and energized would be good. I feel like a walker from The Walking Dead most days. I'm going to work 70+ hours a week for six weeks straight starting in August...so maybe I'm supposed to get prepared. sigh

Thanks again!

ha ha. maybe I need to invest in this stone!!! ;)

I've done with my glasses before too, EA. But, the funniest thing to happen with glasses, is when I was visiting with my mother and took my daughter and her girls down too for the visit.

I ended up sleeping in the same bed as my mother - as there was a bed shortage...anyway, we never realized till the next morning, when I woke up that we had THE EXACT SAME PAIR OF GLASSES--but different prescriptions!

Mom woke up first and went out to make a pot of coffee. I got up and took a shower, and then came out and said, "I can't find my glasses, mom. do you remember where i layed them down last night? I thought i put them on the dresser in the room."

No, she didn't remember and we began the big search. then she found HER glasses and said to me, "here they are! and handed them to me--and I put them on and said, "nope. these must be yours as the prescription is too heavy for me!". Then, I looked at her and said, "Mom! you have MY glasses on you!!!" :bugeyed:

She wondered why she couldn't see well--figured it was too early as we had all been up late talking....

:laugh: we took both glasses and put them side by side and realized we had the same frames right down to the same color.

I'd buy her some of the yellow tourmaline, but knowing her, she'd throw them at me. :laugh:

EmpressArwen

Haha! That is hilarious!

I'm looking at websites to buy a yellow tourmaline (not the polished jewelry type...the raw stone) and I'm kind of lost. Is there a good website you would recommend?

Padma

interesting that a guy was attacking you in your dream. In the Book of Stones, Robert Simmons describes it as "It can help one reduce and eventually eliminate feelings of visceral fear aroused by confrontations with others".

He goes on to say "it assists in holding one's own in all situations, helping timid individuals find the courage to face previously threatening situations". In past life therapy, "it helps one relive and release traumas that have turned into negative repeating patterns".

"if worn or carried, it creates a 'wheel of fire' at the solar plexus, which acts as a shield from the power trips of others, and enhances one's ability to focus and achieve one's aims".

"Golden/yellow tourmaline promotes clear thinking, goal-setting, creative problem-solving,self-worth and a positive attitude. Because it helps bring one into a feeling of one's own worthiness or strength, it also supports benevolence, tolerance and the empowerment of others. From this place of confidence and benevolence, it is possible to easily create abundance and prosperity".

Naisha Ashian, his co-writer and a crystal healer, says " It soothes the third chakra and helps one release the need for control over one's own or other's lives. It helps one recognize that the need for control equals a lack of trust in the divine".

It is "extremely useful for survivors of power abuse on any level (emotional, physical, sexual) as it gently releases constriction and emotional scars from the third chakra".

the affirmation for the stone is, "I am confident in my own strength, worthiness, and power, and I use my energies to manifest the highest good".

As to sellers of the stone, myself I would trust Etsy before others.

There is a large stone/mineral show happening where I am in September, and I am going to it. I can always keep a lookout for it, for you :) Let me know if this is how you would like to receive it! :love:

EmpressArwen

interesting that a guy was attacking you in your dream. In the Book of Stones, Robert Simmons describes it as "It can help one reduce and eventually eliminate feelings of visceral fear aroused by confrontations with others".

Whoa. :bugeyed: That is so interesting. I truly am terrible with confrontation in general. I have a tendency to bottle up everything until eventually it all comes out in an explosion of emotion. Not pretty.

He goes on to say "it assists in holding one's own in all situations, helping timid individuals find the courage to face previously threatening situations". In past life therapy, "it helps one relive and release traumas that have turned into negative repeating patterns".

"if worn or carried, it creates a 'wheel of fire' at the solar plexus, which acts as a shield from the power trips of others, and enhances one's ability to focus and achieve one's aims".

I know from my meditations that my solar plexus chakra is jacked up. I should work on that. I definitely need focus. I can barely read anymore. My attention span is so weak. :(

"Golden/yellow tourmaline promotes clear thinking, goal-setting, creative problem-solving,self-worth and a positive attitude. Because it helps bring one into a feeling of one's own worthiness or strength, it also supports benevolence, tolerance and the empowerment of others. From this place of confidence and benevolence, it is possible to easily create abundance and prosperity".

I lack self-confidence in most areas...so any help there would be welcome.

Naisha Ashian, his co-writer and a crystal healer, says " It soothes the third chakra and helps one release the need for control over one's own or other's lives. It helps one recognize that the need for control equals a lack of trust in the divine".

It is "extremely useful for survivors of power abuse on any level (emotional, physical, sexual) as it gently releases constriction and emotional scars from the third chakra".

the affirmation for the stone is, "I am confident in my own strength, worthiness, and power, and I use my energies to manifest the highest good".

I am just fascinated by how appropriate this all is to my situation. I wonder if this dream was from my guides??

As to sellers of the stone, myself I would trust Etsy before others.

Cool! Thanks. I looked it up on etsy...ah hell...all this third chakra-confidence boosting support aint cheap! lol Daaymn. Me to husband- "Hey honey! I know we are broke but my guides tell me I need to buy a $100 yellow tourmaline (the size of my pinkie finger) to support my 3rd chakra and boost my confidence. Is that ok?" haha. I'm going to have to save my pennies for this one. :)

There is a large stone/mineral show happening where I am in September, and I am going to it. I can always keep a lookout for it, for you :) Let me know if this is how you would like to receive it! :love:

Thank you! If I don't find one that I can get before then I'll take you up on this! My saved pennies should add up to something by then. lol

Thanks for the info too. Very helpful. :)

Padma

I'm not worried about your pennies :D I will send you one if I find it! :love: glad the info was useful!

Padma

yes, it is yellow tourmaline, as far as I can tell. The thing about stones is: the larger the stone, the bigger the window, so to speak. If you want to let the energies in, then a bigger window is best. Having said that, a lot of small ones can add p to one big window :D I have a collar of small/tiny actual zircons like that (not cubic zirconia), and it works for me.

Try it, maybe, and see if it works for you?? It isn't a huge cost, so it should tell you if the stone works for you. :)

ETA Tourmaline often comes in small chips like that...